Snow - Winter Tires. 18 Inch. Michelin Latitude X ice

In my area and travels, winter tires are required, due to poor snow plowing, by the city, as well as, access to the mountains.

Has anyone tried the winter tire, planning to purchase next week  -  Michelin Latitude X ice xi2 tires. 265/65R /18  ? 

Have been reading mixxed reviews on this tire, reaching out to see if anyone could give advice on this purchase .

Thank you.

Edited by Bobbigboy

Yea, I’ve used the x-ice on my Canyon.

They worked fine in snowy and slushy conditions. They were definitely better than all terrain tires on cold wet roads. They rode just like a mild all terrain on dry roads. With 4x4, I never had any traction issues in deep snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nokian Hakkapeliitta.  https://www.nokiantires.com/winter-tires/nokian-hakkapeliitta-r3-suv/

My mom and my brother have them on their cars.  Her 09 fwd Mercury Mariner has the Nordman 5 on it and does excellent come winter time (western NY).  My brother's 03 Impala (no ABS, no traction control) has the Hakkapeliita 8 on it (discontinued).  That car is unstoppable.

Another choice would be Bridgestone Blizzak.  https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Blizzak+DM-V2&partnum=665R8DMV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Me personally from my household's experience, Nokian.  From at work experience, Blizzak.

First snow expected this week, cannot get Nokian tires wanted until the end of December : Hakap. 3 SUV ..  Everywhere I go are anti-stud tires required. 

Will have to go with something else at this time .

Thanks for the response.