Sticker price claims that GM installed All-Terrian tires? NOT!

Hello, 

I am new here, 1st time posting also. So, if I’m posting in the wrong place or anything, let me know please. So, that I won’t do it again. 

Let me start by saying that I just bought my 1st NEW Silverado in early October, and thus far, I love it!!! BUT!!! I do have to vent my disappointment at GM for 1 of the details on my sticker price of the truck. The truck itself, doesn’t have a ton of options. So, when I’m looking at the sticker & see a optional $300.00 charge for all Terrain tires, my immediate thought (as I stepped back to check the tires) is WTF? I have quite the interest in tire/wheel combinations, ESPECIALLY on brand new trucks. My truck is a beautiful Rally edition, all blacked out. Has the 20” inch wheels with Wrangler SR-A tires. Anyone that’s reading this, has some knowledge of tires. Hell, just about every guy “Truck Guy” knows exactly what constitutes a All-Terrain tire on our trucks. But, what ticks me off the most, is the fact that #1) GM even put those tires on my truck! (P275/75/20) they belong on a station wagon! #2) There is SOMEONE, that is responsible for deciding what tires go where, & why. Who thought it was a good decision to charge EXTRA $$ for these “so called” All-Terrain tires, obviously is “NOT A TRUCK GUY” 

I did notice this extra charge, before I took delivery of my new truck. I brought it to my salesman attention, & his 1st response was “Well, someone messed up, because those aren’t All Terrain tires at all” I wish now, I would’ve recorded him saying that, because as time went on, he changed his opinion of those tires pretty quickly. Actually, I believe it was right after I signed all the loan papers! That he started trying to convince me, that they REALLY ARE All-Terrain tires. Ummm.. No, they are NOT! They never will be, EVER! In case anyone reading this doesn’t already know, when your reading the actual tire size, every single letter, & or number, has some meaning behind it. The tire company’s do this for a reason! The letter “P” in the prefix of my tire size, stands for “Passenger Car” also some tires start with “LT” that means “Light Truck” it’s really not hard to understand. All the numbers & letters are reflected as to the actual size of the tire. Every tire has a speed rating on also, some of them are included in the tire size. 

The whole reason for this post to see if I am way off base with my Complaint? Am I the only one, that kinda feels like we got the shaft here? I mean seriously, I’m willing to buy a $50,000.00, truck, & for that in exchange I just ask to have a voice in what equipment goes on it. If it comes to it, I’d just be happy if in the future, they don’t put that on the sticker! Don’t claim to put a upgrade charge, without a upgraded (aggressive) tire! I don’t mean to be bashing Good Year in anyway. They make a excellent product. But, I bet if you was to ask any Good Year tech., as to whether or not this is a All Terrian tire? They would agree with me! 

What do you think? Is this a petty issue, that I’ve brought up? All feedback is welcome, good or bad! I’m a big boy, if you don’t like my post..say so. You won’t hurt my feelings! 

Sincerely, 

Steve

image.jpg

It is not unusual for Dealers to swap wheels around to make a sale.  Your All Terrain wheels and tires are probably swapped on another truck to close the deal!  Unless you paid MSRP price for your truck the Dealer will just argue the wheel and tire combo were part of the negotiated price.  If an All Terrain tire is a big deal to you then I would raise your concern to the Sales Manager.  However,  depending on how much of a discount you got on your truck you may not get much sympathy on the lack of a true All Terrain Tire on your Truck!

• Like 1

It’s what they consider an “all terrain” tire although they are “all season”. Been doing it for years. It’s the same on most stickers. My 18 Z71 came with Goodyear fortitude HT and it read as “all terrain”. I don’t think anyone is switching tires, just the category that GM lists then as.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is your truck a Z71? if so those are the standard tires on the 20'' Z71 wheels and shouldn't cost more money.  If it's not a Z71 the standard tires are Continentals and if you compared the tread on them to those, you would see why those are considered All-terrain.  

Edited by qwank

RPO code and order sheet should reveal what the tires are or are supposed to be.

This is starting to sound like a rental car.  We think of a full-size car as a Buick LeSabre but the rental agent hands you the keys for a Buick Century.  Each has their own definition of what's what.

Don't remove the ancient landmarks!

Edited by swathdiver