Interior swap

On 5/7/2022 at 11:12 PM, Yount166 said:

For the back seats, —- nothing, it’s all unbolt and bolt. 

for the front I had to cut the old brackets off the 07-13 seats and cut the 14-18 brackets off. And weld the old mounts onto the new tracks. (Careful to not weld the sliding tracks together). Then due to the design of the seats I made brackets out of ar500 plate to basically set my seats back about 6 inches. The new rails are shorter than the old ones. (I’ll post pictures here for you to see.) I haven’t came up with new shrouds to hide all this yet but have a couple things in mind. 

— as far as the power goes I have the passenger side working and the driver side working as well with all the basic movements. But I’m currently working on cross connecting the 30pin harness to the 48 pin harness now. If I can get it all done I should have all the heated seats and factory functions working through factory buttons on the dash. But it’s being a nightmare finding a diagram on the new seats. I have all the old harness wires figured out. 
the issue is with gm, they have the brain in the seats and if it’s not done correctly and where they talk then you get a Christmas tree on the dash. And or worse you pop the airbags in the new seats. (I suggest disconnecting these). 

B2A9D721-F717-4DFD-AB14-8DE5ECD06A3F.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am literally getting ready to do this exact thing to mine.  Could you take pics of exactly how you wired yours? 

• 1 month later...

i just started doing this exact thing. (2016 denali seats in a 08 sierra) the back seats bolted right in as everyone said before. & i will be starting on making custom brackets tomorrow out of stainless angle iron for front seats. i already got the power seats to work, & i plan on trying to utilize the covers from the 07-13 seats to hide the rails on the 2016 seats. i will also be attempting to put the 2016 center console in as well and also trying to get all the charging ports working properly. but i haven’t made it that far yet lol

• 3 months later...
On 5/8/2022 at 1:54 AM, Yount166 said:

Couple more pics here. Just how to unhook the airbags in the seats and one of the seat belt tensioner that can be removed when retrofitting. Your 08-13 seatbelt will bolt in as well, just you have to turn the locking tabs until you find a spot where it tightens down flat. (Not perfect fit but will work fine) .

I’ll try and keep posting updates on the truck as I go on but due to work it’s hard for me to actually get anything done on the project!

ABCA3F5A-498D-4674-ABBE-C0715A89C65D.jpeg

07E32EE9-8405-48A7-8427-8DFBFA46908A.jpeg

Hello, Did you complete your conversion? Could you follow up with your process? Thank you

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know how to not trigger the airbag light with this swap? No one has really said anything in depth about wiring etc.  I’ve been holding off on swapping the front seats into my Denali because I’m scared the airbags in the dash etc won’t work .

• 1 month later...

Hey fellas, was browsing through Tiktok and I finally found someone who bit the bullet and did an entire seat swap with high country seats into an NNBS Silverado. He even did a dash swap and walked through how he did it all. I'll leave the link below!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tiktok.com%2Fdiscover%2Fhow-to-high-country-interior-swap&psig=AOvVaw2JDGD_aFOLMEF5YHGy84q6&ust=1683731340245000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA0QjRxqFwoTCICC95rC6P4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

12 hours ago, xKingdom said:

Hey fellas, was browsing through Tiktok and I finally found someone who bit the bullet and did an entire seat swap with high country seats into an NNBS Silverado. He even did a dash swap and walked through how he did it all. I'll leave the link below!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tiktok.com%2Fdiscover%2Fhow-to-high-country-interior-swap&psig=AOvVaw2JDGD_aFOLMEF5YHGy84q6&ust=1683731340245000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA0QjRxqFwoTCICC95rC6P4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Definitely has done a good job with those.  I wonder how he got the air bag light to stay off that way? 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/25/2018 at 9:20 PM, 08gmc17 said:

Better looking seats, center console, dash and steering wheel, and bc I can lol i like custom stuff 

On 11/26/2018 at 11:58 PM, 08gmc17 said:

C5F735D6-A0F9-4F59-9C1A-DC9534CABC52.jpeg

Have a 2012 would like to 15+ seat swap it is the power seats plug and play or is there any wires to change 

@evrx @Thats4b8guyI've gotten no response from any of the guys that have done this from this forum.  What I have found so far…rear seats bolt right in. The front seats require cutting the brackets off of your old seats and welding them onto the new ones. Another option is going with obsoutpost they make a bracket to adapt the new style seat to your truck.  Wiring for power is simple power and ground. If you have memory seats you have one more wire so that you can bypass the memory function.  The issue I’ve run into is the airbags.  I don’t know what wires cross reference so that you do t get the service airbag message.. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...