Infotainment screen light level

Has anyone had the lighting level of the Infotainment screen occasionally not brighten in the daylight or not dim in the evening? Seems only to happen at the first "changover" after first started. After that first cycle/start it works automaticly as it should. When it doesn't brighten or darken as required, I manually cycle the dash brightness toggle till it is visible in the daylight or not blinding at night. Most times it works correctly.

15 minutes ago, Bobv07662 said:

Has anyone had the lighting level of the Infotainment screen occasionally not brighten in the daylight or not dim in the evening? Seems only to happen at the first "changover" after first started. After that first cycle/start it works automaticly as it should. When it doesn't brighten or darken as required, I manually cycle the dash brightness toggle till it is visible in the daylight or not blinding at night. Most times it works correctly.

Sometimes it takes a few minutes for the ambient light detector in the top-middle of your dash to detect the light level at vehicle start-up. I use the remote start feature often and remove the sunshade I use in the front windshield after pressing the start button to run the vehicle. It always takes a few minutes for the instrument/ infotainment brightness to adjust to the ambient light. It’s an engineered delay to prevent excessive dimming cycles when passing under overpasses in daylight and under street lights at night. 

On 11/29/2018 at 10:40 PM, JKD said:

Sometimes it takes a few minutes for the ambient light detector in the top-middle of your dash to detect the light level at vehicle start-up. I use the remote start feature often and remove the sunshade I use in the front windshield after pressing the start button to run the vehicle. It always takes a few minutes for the instrument/ infotainment brightness to adjust to the ambient light. It’s an engineered delay to prevent excessive dimming cycles when passing under overpasses in daylight and under street lights at night. 

We appreciate your honest feedback in regards to your infotainment screen brightness, Bob. To clarify, have you brought this to the attention of your servicing dealership? We hope to hear back from you soon with an update.

Anthony J.

• Confused 1

Anthony, thanks for your interest but during the present holiday season, the Infotainment screen will have to wait till the new year. It did happen again this AM, the next time it comes up I'm going to let it try to correct itself and see how long that takes.

Appreciate your help.

• 10 months later...

When changing from day to night - I can just tap the +\- button down once, and the dash and infotainment go to the appropriate ‘night’ setting. Doesn’t work the other way around though. I drove for almost an hour and it didn’t change to day mode. Also interesting that it doesn’t happen when just going ‘dark’ for a short time like a tunnel or garage. Mine also seems to only do it when starting the truck.   Like if starting it up in the morning after parking it in the dark. If I’m actively driving when the sun goes down, it usually changes over fine. 

Z71NY nailed it. That is exactly what mine does. You can get the darn thing to "wake up" in the morning by turning the light knob to off then back to automatic.

The dealer didn't have a clue when I mentioned this to them 6 months ago, but they did suggest I purchase some mudflaps and clearcoat protectant!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 10:19 PM, Bobv07662 said:

Did the dealership fix this issue after almost a year?

• 3 months later...