Used Rental-GMC Yukon XL SLT

14 hours ago, Imcrazy said:

No rubber laid in the Big ole SUV's but, plenty in every pickup I've ever rented lol... Plenty of people ride their leased cars hard and put 'em up wet too, it's a tough call..

yep...its interesting...this has been happening for years...but now technology has made the information more accessible...who knows how many rentals we have unknowingly purchased in the past!!

• 3 weeks later...

Suburbans are pretty expensive to rent for some reason. Like their rental rate is considerably higher than other vehicles at a similar msrp.

Unlikely some 20 year olds rented it. 99% of the rentals are likely people with large families. The people who just need utility usually rent a van or something.

Suburban is likely one of the least abused rental vehicles I can think of.

• Like 3

On 1/30/2019 at 12:47 PM, truckguy82 said:

Suburbans are pretty expensive to rent for some reason. Like their rental rate is considerably higher than other vehicles at a similar msrp.

Unlikely some 20 year olds rented it. 99% of the rentals are likely people with large families. The people who just need utility usually rent a van or something.

Suburban is likely one of the least abused rental vehicles I can think of.

Even then, a lot of people who reserve a "Chevy Suburban or similar' end up with a sub $20k Dodge Grand Caravan.

On 2019-01-04 at 11:35 AM, spenpet said:

I would love to get a CPO, haven't seen many available...having said that, do you happen to know what warranty is offered with a GMC CPO?  I know Toyota CPO warranty is actually better than factory!  *(we currently have a 4Runner that has been fantastic, but would like more room)*

Just out of curiosity, are you also looking at either a Tundra or Sequoia?  I don't mean to pry but I'm also looking to replace my current vehicle with something larger and am currently torn between Silverado/Sierra, Tahoe/Yukon, Tundra and Sequoia so am just looking for as much info and as many opinions on each as I can get.

On 2/2/2019 at 11:28 AM, Cpl_Punishment said:

Just out of curiosity, are you also looking at either a Tundra or Sequoia?  I don't mean to pry but I'm also looking to replace my current vehicle with something larger and am currently torn between Silverado/Sierra, Tahoe/Yukon, Tundra and Sequoia so am just looking for as much info and as many opinions on each as I can get.

so there are several ways to answer your question(s)...i'll try to break them down...

if you are asking, are Toyota's any good...should you consider one?  my answer is Absolutely...we have a 4 Runner with over 132k miles on in that my wife drives...the main reason we aren't considering getting another one is we need more room.

When I was shopping for my truck (I'm on my third Silverado now), one of the main drawbacks of the Tundra was the power train was about 10 years old without many (if ANY) significant changes...so it is really pretty old technology...and thus the MPG's are terrible for a truck these days.

For my wife, I have looked into the Sequoia, but they have the same problem as the Tundra...however, it is less of an issue for my wife since she doesn't drive near as much...If we could afford it, we would get a Land Cruiser hands down...but they are ~$60 grand for one with 80k-100k miles on it...

My wife has a clothing business and we need to be able to hall her business as well as the family in whatever vehicle she has (we can use my truck with the camper shell for now, but it isn't practical all the time)...

hope that helps and gives you the info you were looking for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spenpet said:

so there are several ways to answer your question(s)...i'll try to break them down...

if you are asking, are Toyota's any good...should you consider one?  my answer is Absolutely...we have a 4 Runner with over 132k miles on in that my wife drives...the main reason we aren't considering getting another one is we need more room.

When I was shopping for my truck (I'm on my third Silverado now), one of the main drawbacks of the Tundra was the power train was about 10 years old without many (if ANY) significant changes...so it is really pretty old technology...and thus the MPG's are terrible for a truck these days.

For my wife, I have looked into the Sequoia, but they have the same problem as the Tundra...however, it is less of an issue for my wife since she doesn't drive near as much...If we could afford it, we would get a Land Cruiser hands down...but they are ~$60 grand for one with 80k-100k miles on it...

My wife has a clothing business and we need to be able to hall her business as well as the family in whatever vehicle she has (we can use my truck with the camper shell for now, but it isn't practical all the time)...

hope that helps and gives you the info you were looking for.

Thanks. I'm always interested when Toyota guys switch to something else. 

2 hours ago, spenpet said:

If we could afford it, we would get a Land Cruiser hands down...but they are ~$60 grand for one with 80k-100k miles on it...

When I bought my Suburban, the 2nd place vehicle was a new Land Cruiser. I've always wanted one because they're really iconic, but in terms of a vehicle to live with and use on a daily basis the Suburban is a lot easier. That being said, I think the Lexus LX570 is a better vehicle in terms of creature comforts and most importantly can be had with a third row delete. The Landie's biggest flaw is the third-row seats. They can't easily be removed, and if you do manage to rip them out there are sharp exposed brackets sticking out. Also for the MPG the vehicle gets, the gas tank is way too small. You'd be lucky to get 300mi on a tank. 

3 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Thanks. I'm always interested when Toyota guys switch to something else. 

i can assure you it isnt because of reliability issues...my very first vehicle was a 1977 toyota pickup (the little one) i bought from my uncle...he was the original owner...i got rid of it with over 232k miles on it...and never had a single motor or transmission issue.  i know things change and computers are as important as mechanics these days...but i have no reservations on their reliability...their refinement and updates are more of conversation...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mandalorian said:

When I bought my Suburban, the 2nd place vehicle was a new Land Cruiser. I've always wanted one because they're really iconic, but in terms of a vehicle to live with and use on a daily basis the Suburban is a lot easier. That being said, I think the Lexus LX570 is a better vehicle in terms of creature comforts and most importantly can be had with a third row delete. The Landie's biggest flaw is the third-row seats. They can't easily be removed, and if you do manage to rip them out there are sharp exposed brackets sticking out. Also for the MPG the vehicle gets, the gas tank is way too small. You'd be lucky to get 300mi on a tank. 

yeah the LX570 is still much more than we want to spend...but that is good info on the third row...since we didnt want to spend that much, i never really researched the vehicle a ton...we do want the third row for sure!  but having it fold (if not flat close to flat) is pretty important to us and the business.  Toyotoas probably use the same gas tank in all their vehicles because their Tundras are the same way...probably the same one that is in the 4 runner!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, spenpet said:

i can assure you it isnt because of reliability issues...my very first vehicle was a 1977 toyota pickup (the little one) i bought from my uncle...he was the original owner...i got rid of it with over 232k miles on it...and never had a single motor or transmission issue.  i know things change and computers are as important as mechanics these days...but i have no reservations on their reliability...their refinement and updates are more of conversation...

My thoughts exactly. 

29 minutes ago, spenpet said:

yeah the LX570 is still much more than we want to spend...but that is good info on the third row...since we didnt want to spend that much, i never really researched the vehicle a ton...we do want the third row for sure!  but having it fold (if not flat close to flat) is pretty important to us and the business.  Toyotoas probably use the same gas tank in all their vehicles because their Tundras are the same way...probably the same one that is in the 4 runner!

The Land Cruiser's third row faces inward too. It's pretty much a seat in name only. Does not fold flat, folding it up against the sides of the trunk probably takes up 30% of the cargo space which is comparable to a Tahoe to start with. 

Well, based on how I drove my last rental...CPO for sure. It's not that I set out to abuse it but when the time came I didn't think twice. In Miami trying to get to the airport, missed the turn, got lost and I could see the darn turn with no way to get to it. Well a few medians later and thankfully no Police, I was on my way to turning in the car I just took 4 wheeling over concrete back in to Hertz. No way I'd have done that in a lease or my own car. Just being honest here, at the time I did not care so long as I didn't blow a tire and miss my flight.