Aftermarket Grill Surround

Hey all,

im looking to color match my grill next and came across this after market grill surround. Anyone have any experience with these. It says in the description it will be compatible with oem grill inserts. Don’t wanna pull the trigger if it’s not worth it. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Surround-Grille-Shell-Matte-Black-ABS-Plastic-Shell-2016-2018-GMC-Sierra-1500/163413589055?hash=item260c357c3f:g:y0sAAOSwcDdcBi5i

58 minutes ago, MHPrior80 said:

Hey all,

im looking to color match my grill next and came across this after market grill surround. Anyone have any experience with these. It says in the description it will be compatible with oem grill inserts. Don’t wanna pull the trigger if it’s not worth it. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Surround-Grille-Shell-Matte-Black-ABS-Plastic-Shell-2016-2018-GMC-Sierra-1500/163413589055?hash=item260c357c3f:g:y0sAAOSwcDdcBi5i

Do you have any experience with this type of set up? Do you have to cut the insert (or remove how you can) out of the factory grill? Also, do you have the active shutters on your truck?

Edited by JimCost2014

48 minutes ago, MHPrior80 said:

No I dont have the active shutters. No experience with these. That’s why I’m asking about them 

My experience with the aftermarket shells, are that you cut the inside of your factory one, and then add any insert that you like/that will fit. Thinking this is the same way, just the "frame" and you cut your insert out of your factory grill and "insert" it in the paintable shell. Pretty sure there are threads on here about people who have painted their factory chrome shells to match their truck.