Spend my money... aka help me chose tires

Of course there are thousands of these out there and I've done my research but I cant really decide what's going to be the best or what's the best size. I have a 2015 lt double cab. Going to be putting a 4.5" zone lift on it with 18x10 -25 offset rims. 

I want to have close to a 33x12.5 tire it also has to be an all terrain or close. No mud tires.

Toyo open country RT tires. My old ram had these. They did great in all conditions but they weighed 75 lbs each and felt like they road very hard. Going to rule these out 

Cooper s/t maxx. 295/70/18 (34x12) or 305/60/18 (32.5x12)

Cooper stt pro. 295/70/18 (34x12) or 305/60/18 (32.5x12)

Nitto ridge grappler 33x12.5x18 or 295/70/18 (34x12)

Falken wild peak AT3W. 305/65/18 (33.5x12)

What do you suggest and why? Pics help.

Edited by Dersch

Nittos Ridge Grapplers, Toyo RT’s and Toyo AT2’s are loved throughout the 4x4 world.
That being said, they’re also a bit heavier but excellent quality. If you’re prone to get up to curbs and brushing them then I’d look towards the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. My experience a few times with whacking curbs was “wow” no signs of material damage, excellent all around tires. If you’re saving to put more into a lift which I highly recommend, then you’ll be looking into the lower cost tires like Falkens. Better put everything into the lift cause tires are cheap compared to suspension repairs.

Sent from above

I bought the Nitto Ridge Grappler in 35”. They are also a 12 ply. By far the best tire in my opinion. Also has a nice beefy look to them. Both side have different design to choose from. Very quite and smooth too. 

ACDECF63-151E-440F-8A3E-9063D8DF7ADE.jpeg

Edited by Andrew Williams
  • Like 1

Well I’ve got ST/Maxx’s On my truck and they really aren’t a ‘mudder’ tire. They are well behaved on the street and excel off road. I run a 33.3" tire. 

And I do drive off road. A lot. 

I also like AT3’s, and I have a set with 50,000miles on them and they will be my spring/summer tire. I’ve easily got another 15,000 miles on them. 

6ZbUyfc.jpg

8Ds9hcW.jpg

A word of caution on the Nitto's- they have a nasty reputation for blowing out, especially off-road. They were a popular larger sized tire for Tacoma and Jeep owners, and there are quite a number of documented failures. I know one Jeeper here in Helena that had a blow out on an easy but rocky Jeep trail. Pretty much everyone that I know that off roads sticks with GoodYear, Coopers or Hankooks. 

If you have a street queen- no problem. But if you you travel back country like a lot of us do- Nitto's are not an option. 

Edited by Threerun
  • Like 1

Many people have recommended the nitto ridge. I'll have to look more into them. Hiw quiet are they? Bouncy?

Love mine but remember, these are big heavy e rated tires and you’ll never get the absolute best ride out of an e rated tire. It’ll help with coilovers too or just upgrading your shocks. Here’s mine,
aa7771c3f1c47e3001e60cbb437ad480.jpg

Sent from above

13 minutes ago, Threerun said:

Well I’ve got ST/Maxx’s On my truck and they really aren’t a ‘mudder’ tire. They are well behaved on the street and excel off road. 

And and I do drive off road. A lot. 

I also like AT3’s, and I have a set with 50,000miles on them and they will be my spring/summer tire. I’ve easily got another 15,000 miles on them. 

I really like the look of the Maxx's. They seem to be the tamer option of the two coopers. Are they pretty quiet? Ride smooth on highway?

When you say AT3. you mean the falkens?

15 minutes ago, Dersch said:

I really like the look of the Maxx's. They seem to be the tamer option of the two coopers. Are they pretty quiet? Ride smooth on highway?

When you say AT3. you mean the falkens?

No- Cooper AT3's. They've been around for years. Falken copied the name. 

The ST/Maxx really ride the same as the AT3's, but it's a softer compound. You don't get the life out of them like you do the AT3's. And I don't care what they look like- I just care that they work as intended! 

Edited by Threerun

1 hour ago, Threerun said:

Well I’ve got ST/Maxx’s On my truck and they really aren’t a ‘mudder’ tire. They are well behaved on the street and excel off road. I run a 33.3" tire. 

And I do drive off road. A lot. 

6ZbUyfc.jpg

8Ds9hcW.jpg

A word of caution on the Nitto's- they have a nasty reputation for blowing out, especially off-road. They were a popular larger sized tire for Tacoma and Jeep owners, and there are quite a number of documented failures. I know one Jeeper here in Helena that had a blow out on an easy but rocky Jeep trail. Pretty much everyone that I know that off roads sticks with GoodYear, Coopers or Hankooks. 

If you have a street queen- no problem. But if you you travel back country like a lot of us do- Nitto's are not an option. 

It's a street queen who will see the occasional trail and sand dune. Nothing extreme offroad wise tho