Off-Road DIC cluster display

joselori

Question

My new Canyon does not have the OFF ROAD display in the DIC.   My dealer tells me that this cannot be added to my truck.  I have to believe that it is a fairly simple software mod to enable this screen.  My question is:  Are there any dealers or third party shops that can enable this option.   It just can't be that hard as my 2018 Traverse has it and this is not even a full time 4WD vehicle.  I conclude from that all the hardware required has to be in my truck and a software update, with luck, is all that is needed.

Lots of people have asked how to enable it but I have not seen anyone question if a software update is possible.

6 answers to this question

On 1/31/2019 at 12:27 PM, joselori said:

My new Canyon does not have the OFF ROAD display in the DIC.   My dealer tells me that this cannot be added to my truck.  I have to believe that it is a fairly simple software mod to enable this screen.  My question is:  Are there any dealers or third party shops that can enable this option.   It just can't be that hard as my 2018 Traverse has it and this is not even a full time 4WD vehicle.  I conclude from that all the hardware required has to be in my truck and a software update, with luck, is all that is needed.

Lots of people have asked how to enable it but I have not seen anyone question if a software update is possible.

Welcome - check owner manual , on my 2015 I went to the DIC - info -setting - scan the list an turn on , most the stuff was turn off. I had to show Sale person how to do it. Good Luck

• Like 1