Hvac temperature control speed

Is anybody else irritated by the temperature control having to be rotated slowly to change. If I give it a quick twist, it only changes one or two degrees at a time. I’d have to twist it several times to change 10 degrees. I don’t have the patience to turn it one click at a time. Good news is there’s not much to complain about on these trucks. 

i'm with you!! I don't mind it for day to day driving, but since the stupid A/C compressor always comes on with remote start if I leave it in the cool position, I have to turn my heat up every time I get out. So its 6 degrees+ over what I think it will be outside the next time I start the truck and won't kick on the compressor. I HATE getting in my truck on a cool 65 degree morning to have the damn A/C blowing full blast!

That is really my only complaint about this truck........

9 hours ago, rah7777777 said:

i'm with you!! I don't mind it for day to day driving, but since the stupid A/C compressor always comes on with remote start if I leave it in the cool position, I have to turn my heat up every time I get out. So its 6 degrees+ over what I think it will be outside the next time I start the truck and won't kick on the compressor. I HATE getting in my truck on a cool 65 degree morning to have the damn A/C blowing full blast!

That is really my only complaint about this truck........

What temp did you have it set to when you shut the truck off?  You can have it set to 88 and when you remote start it, the ac will be on.  BUT, its to dry the air, not to cool it. 

I look at the weather for when I think i'll start the truck next time and go about 10 degrees above that. Assuming its not going to be over 90 out. 

If I don't do that...... Say I drive around with temp on cool with compressor OFF all day on Sunday. Monday I wake up for work and remote start the truck while its say 65 outside, the a/c will come on full blast and the inside of the truck will be 50 degrees when I get into it. Now, I put the key in the ignition and it all returns to how I had it on Sunday, compressor off. But the GREAT part now is all that moisture the system was pulling out for a few minutes while the compressor was running is now being pushed back out into my cab, fogging up all my windows. Especially the windshield. 

If GM would just make it where it could be set to last settings used, I would be a happy camper! but apparently they can't anymore.