Sierra Denali Tailgate Engineering Blunder

On 2/22/2019 at 12:02 PM, amxguy1970 said:

This is not a blunder at all, stop being whiny and calling something it isn't just because something doesn't work in the way you want or think it should... Here is an idea, stop leaving your hitch in 24/7. When you are done towing take it out. Ah but what if I get rear-ended you say? It saves my truck some damage. But you are still going to claim insurance to get the damage fixed and a new rear bumper...

Tyler

In BC it is illegal and you can get a ticket for driving with Ball hitch in.  Increases the insurance payout to fix damage to other car.  I always take mine out.

10 hours ago, Prodriver said:

Increases the insurance payout to fix damage to other car. 

I find that statement hilarious ..

Exactly why mine stays in all the time.  If someone rear ends you, it's their fault.  If the receiver is there and it protects your vehicle from additional damage (many times ZERO damage) .... why should I be worried about their cost when its the other person's lack of attention or failure to use due care?

Edited by steve841
  • Like 1

I always keep the ball hitch out when not in use and insert a plastic type cover into the receiver, it is easier on the knees and hopefully will help if the tailgate ever touches the receiver while using the step.