Tuner question

I called Diablo and talked to them.  They said that the InTune3 can't write tunes to a vehicle that isn't set to factory anyway.  Going to have to try to get with the original owner to set it back to stock or go to a dealer and have them do it.  

5 hours ago, Jacoby said:

Set it back to stock first. You don’t want your original tune on the new tuner to be a tune from another tuner. Damn that was a mouth full. 

That's what I was thinking but the original owner lives about 3.5hrs from me and the dealer wants $100-$150 to set it back to stock so I was considering being lazy and cheap...lol

14 minutes ago, jmeeler19 said:

That's what I was thinking but the original owner lives about 3.5hrs from me and the dealer wants $100-$150 to set it back to stock so I was considering being lazy and cheap...lol

Have the original owner overnight the tuner to you. Set it back to stock and ship it back to him. Cheaper than a trip to the dealer and nobody has to make a 3hr drive

14 minutes ago, Jacoby said:

Have the original owner overnight the tuner to you. Set it back to stock and ship it back to him. Cheaper than a trip to the dealer and nobody has to make a 3hr drive

I've considered that.  It's useless to him since it's married to my truck.  He offered to sell it to me for $100 but I don't want the tuner.  

20 hours ago, jmeeler19 said:

I've considered that.  It's useless to him since it's married to my truck.  He offered to sell it to me for $100 but I don't want the tuner.  

Pay him the $100 for the tuner. Return the truck back to stock. Sell the tuner on ebay and make $50-75 profit from it.