Backspacing with 4" Fabtech kit

I have a 2018 Silverado that's coming up on 12,000 miles now so I figured it's about time to pull trig on a lift, new tires, wheels, etc. I've decided on a Fabtech 4" lift, 2WD if that matters (and before y'all yell at me for lifting a 2WD truck, I've taken it through snow, dirt, mud, and construction sites every day for work and haven't had any issues yet :lol: plus I think trucks just look better a little higher and with mud tires). I want to put 34"x11" Nitto Ridge Grapplers on it with 20"x9" OE Performance 169 wheels but I'm not sure about the backspacing/offset. I'm not a huge fan of the super aggressive look and would like the tires to be about flush with the wheel wells but don't know how to determine what offset that would be. I've seen pictures of trucks on other sites with the same wheels and anywhere from 33-35" tires sitting flush but they all say the wheel backspacing is 6". The Fabtech kit says you can fit 33"x11.5" tires with 20" wheels and 5" of backspacing with trimming. Does that just mean you can have wheels with a larger backspace but you'll just have to do even more trimming? I'm curious to see if any of y'all run a similar setup and how y'all pulled it off/if you could let me know if the setup I want will work. Thanks in advance for the help!!

You can go to Custom Offsets.com to get some info on offsets and backspacing.  Factory 20x9.0 Wheel Offset = +27 mm - Back Space = 6.06" Inches (from http://performancelifts.com/wheel-back-space-information.html) Less Backspace and Negative Offset will bring the wheel out toward the fender.  If you went with a Zero Offset you'd be pretty close to flush with the fender.

I just installed 1" Bora Spacers on my stock wheels to make room for new UCAs and now my wheels are outside the fenders by just a touch. Did not have to trim the studs as the stock snow flake wheels have the deep pockets inside the hub area.

• Like 1

I figured it would work, the difference between the recommended backspace and what I saw other guys running just made me question it a bit haha. I like your setup by the way. That's basically the exact look I'm going for

Thanks again!

I would contact FabTech directly and ensure that your desired tire profile will fit and function without ANY clearance issues. If they describe modifying the wheel wells at all to fit that profile, go smaller.

i have their performance six inch lift and 35” just require too much hammering to get them on.