Found an interesting truck height adjustable hitch and I am wonder if it's main feature could be a major weak point in the design?

I couldn't really figure out how to word my question better but looking at this fabulous hitch I was immediately drawn to how little material surrounds the height adjustment pin compared to the overall design. I don't see how the thinner pieces between the adjustment slots or the adjustment part being on the outside edge of the piece wouldn't wind up breaking before anything else when an excessive amount of weight/force is applied to the hitch. I never took materials courses when I was last going to school and this looks like it's CNC'd out of aluminum/steel like all other truck ricer parts but it doesn't seem like a very strong/safe design; something one would want in a hitch. Am I wrong or looking at this the wrong way or is this not really answerable without more info?

I couldn't really figure out how to word my question better but looking at this fabulous hitch I was immediately drawn to how little material surrounds the height adjustment pin compared to the overall design. I don't see how the thinner pieces between the adjustment slots or the adjustment part being on the outside edge of the piece wouldn't wind up breaking before anything else when an excessive amount of weight/force is applied to the hitch. I never took materials courses when I was last going to school and this looks like it's CNC'd out of aluminum/steel like all other truck ricer parts but it doesn't seem like a very strong/safe design; something one would want in a hitch. Am I wrong or looking at this the wrong way or is this not really answerable without more info?
Do you have a link to it?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, FredRippy said:

Interesting question and as previously mentioned more information is required for better feedback.  Your truck's trailer towing capabilities is only as strong as its weakest link.  When purchasing hitch components, I look carefully at the ratings to ensure they exceed all potential tow/tongue weights for my vehicle.

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2019 at 8:05 AM, FredRippy said:

Your pictures and link aren’t showing up.