Front bench seat conversion

I have a 2018 Silverado 2500 HD LTZ Duramax.  The truck is pretty much fully loaded and I don’t like the center console.  The 1500 truck I used to own had the front bench seat; actually two buckets with a center seat that the back can fold down to be a arm rest/console.  

Has anyone converted the center console to the front “bench” seat?

I would like to make the conversion but am wondering what’s involved and are the parts just a bolt on?

Any link to anyone that has done it too would be appreciated.  

Thanks 

The middle is the only difference, you may have a subwoofer that may need to be relocated.  I have the middle seat, the best part is being able to pass thru and the middle seat bottom is a big lockable storage box.  That and the top box makes it really nice.  In the top box are 2 USB ports and a 12v plug so there is wiring there too.  I'm sure it can be done but it may cost a lot.

I have a 2018 Silverado 2500 HD LTZ Duramax.  The truck is pretty much fully loaded and I don’t like the center console.  The 1500 truck I used to own had the front bench seat; actually two buckets with a center seat that the back can fold down to be a arm rest/console.  
I would like to make the conversion but am wondering what’s involved and are the parts just a bolt on?
Thanks 
Maybe you could find someone who wants to switch. Last year I wanted to switch to the center console you have, I have the bench seat, but couldn't find anyone. There are some guys on here who have done the conversion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I’m currently in the process of this exact swap, so far it’s been a direct bolt in. The console and jump seat use the same mounting location, there is a dash piece you will be missing and some trim can order from gm that fills in where the console was, it was about 100 shipped, that includes a 110v plug and cigarette type plugin if you already have it. Still working on the wiring, but I was planning on removing the connector on the console and extending the wires to run under the carpet to the jump seat, I will have one extra dual usb that was on my console I’m planning on relocating to the glovebox

72955CA4-934E-47FB-9849-EDFBA81CFD03.jpeg

CA2786B5-91DA-4BCE-BA60-80DA9F9DFF74.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 7:06 PM, Jmater said:

I’m currently in the process of this exact swap, so far it’s been a direct bolt in. The console and jump seat use the same mounting location, there is a dash piece you will be missing and some trim can order from gm that fills in where the console was, it was about 100 shipped, that includes a 110v plug and cigarette type plugin if you already have it. Still working on the wiring, but I was planning on removing the connector on the console and extending the wires to run under the carpet to the jump seat, I will have one extra dual usb that was on my console I’m planning on relocating to the glovebox

72955CA4-934E-47FB-9849-EDFBA81CFD03.jpeg

CA2786B5-91DA-4BCE-BA60-80DA9F9DFF74.jpeg

Curious how this turned out I was looking to do the same thing but can never find a console that doesnt cost an arm and leg

• 4 months later...

On 4/6/2019 at 10:32 AM, Sour_Squirrel said:

have a 2018 Silverado 2500 HD LTZ Duramax.  The truck is pretty much fully loaded and I don’t like the center console.  The 1500 truck I used to own had the front bench seat; actually two buckets with a center seat that the back can fold down to be a arm rest/console.  

Thanks 

I would definitely trade you for your center console for my center seat! If interested let me know!

• 5 months later...
On 9/14/2019 at 9:49 AM, Cjbzn said:

Does anyone have any idea if this swap will be possible on a 2020 2500HD?  I've got a family of six.  Getting the bench seat from the factory severely limits what options you can get on the truck.  

Christian 

What a joke gm wont let us family of 6 guys order a nice truck with the 60/40 front. Very stupid business! I was trying to build one one the web site and if you add anything cool it gives you that stupid “must remove 60/40 bench seat” message ? I’m a die hard gm guy but that’s idiotic 

I found a Trim shop in Bozeman, MT that was able to swap my console out for a factory bench seat in my 2020 Denali 2500. He documented the process so that it’s easier the next time around. Let me know if you want his contact info. He’s good stuff. 

79A321B9-8230-49E6-BC2E-5750DEC974FD.jpeg

On 2/24/2020 at 4:47 PM, Cjbzn said:

I found a Trim shop in Bozeman, MT that was able to swap my console out for a factory bench seat in my 2020 Denali 2500. He documented the process so that it’s easier the next time around. Let me know if you want his contact info. He’s good stuff. 

79A321B9-8230-49E6-BC2E-5750DEC974FD.jpeg

What’s the plan for the missing carpet where the console was?

18 hours ago, zacharywhitson said:

What’s the plan for the missing carpet where the console was?

The trim guy said he could replace that portion of the project but I decided to not do that.  The GM rubber floor mat for bench seats covers that area completely.

Christian