Got a weird one for ya (cruise control)

I can activate my cruise control at 62mph and under.  Anything above that and it wont activate.  Whats weird is if I activate it at 62mph I can raise my speed using the Res button but only to 68mph then it turns off.  The cruise icon is still on the dash but it stops maintaining speed. 

Ive got 35's and had my gearing changed but I got everything dialed in with my tuner and speedo matches GPS to +/- 1mph

Not sure where to begin with this problem

19 hours ago, Mike GMC said:

Do you have a top speed set in the computer?  I haven't tried this, but I think it's under teen driver settings.  Worth checking anyway.

That would affect speed limit no matter what, not just when cruise control is activated. But no I checked and it’s turned off

2 hours ago, Paintor said:

Are any codes thrown? faults?

I had an ABS light and service stabilitrac light the other day but it was because I had a bad right front wheel speed sensor. I replaced that a couple of days ago and the faults went away. Maybe a good idea to scan for codes and see if they’re still in there and if so clear em. I’ll give that a try today.