Whats better for performance gains flowmaster aka flow disaster or borla xr1

Ok guys just a little battle what muffler is better for over all performance flowmaster aka chokemaster or borla xr1 round muffler #40058 which is the one my 2013 has with ARH 1"7/8 catless longtube headers 3" exhaust pipe.

Both are good mufflers, one is a chambered muffler and the other is glass wrapped. Both will have performance gains. I have ran both with great results. Flowmaster will often times be noisier as it is not wrapped in and fiberglass. That being said Flowmaster will maintain the same sound it's entire life as a glass wrapped exhaust will quite in its early life.

Performance will very on application but not by much. Still have love for the Flow daddy's.

The xr1 my chevy gots its kind of loud well at a cold start not to loud when engine settles or warms up but when I stomp on it that what I love it opens up so well.

Lol yeah Im not a fan of slowmaster and it is bad all chambered mufflers from slowmaster are very restricted and have shit load of back pressure so thats not very good for performance at all dynomax is way better also magnaflow carven corsa and borla 

5 hours ago, Benji88 said:

Lol yeah Im not a fan of slowmaster and it is bad all chambered mufflers from slowmaster are very restricted and have shit load of back pressure so thats not very good for performance at all dynomax is way better also magnaflow carven corsa and borla 

Not sure you have any data to back your opinion, but to each his own. Sound's like you enjoy the nice sounds at wide open, you would prolly enjoy the Hooker Aerochamber Muffler. I ran that on a few engines and it is very impressive and aggressive sounding.

Does nothing IMO.

Louder doesn't mean faster.

Unless it headers, dual exhaust, cat delete free flow muffler.

Along with cams and tunes.

Then it will breathe better.

:)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mikebtte said:

Not sure you have any data to back your opinion, but to each his own. Sound's like you enjoy the nice sounds at wide open, you would prolly enjoy the Hooker Aerochamber Muffler. I ran that on a few engines and it is very impressive and aggressive sounding.

Yes I heard about them and heard how they sound on nbs silverado and they do sound pretty good never heard them in person though