Hi guys,

I am new here and wish I had found you sooner. Anyway, I have had a nagging water leak on the passenger side for a couple of years. I noticed it after the windshield was replaced, so naturally, thought it wasn't sealed properly. I went to an auto glass shop and watched as they checked the windshield with water and air pressure. No leak found. They suggested it may be leaking through the recirculation door and to set the recirc when parking so that door would seal out the water wherever it was coming from. They also suggested parking nose down where possible. That did seem to work for a while, then the leaking started again. Then I found this post by a google search. GOLDMINE!

Sure enough, after taking up the windshield cowl, I found one screw missing and signs of water under the second screw that was referred to. I cleaned up the holes and covered them over with Lexel sealant, which I think is a better option than silicone - https://www.sashco.com/products/lexel/ .  The jury's still out, but I am cautiously optimistic.

Cheers,

Glenn

• 1 year later...