The Peckish Synapse

Grumpy Bear

21 minutes ago, customboss said:

I raced cars for Olds in IMSA. 

Very cool. I am down to one Olds these days but she’s a keeper. IMG_0419.thumb.jpeg.b2a72ff7d2b04396320712192a69eb70.jpegIMG_6028.thumb.jpeg.00caaecf87ce560f9d8d3f3b4d94afdc.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1961 super 88 convertible, 1966 olds 442, 1972 cutlass 455 transplant, B&M shifter, 1982 cutlass 400, 700R4, 373, 1980 holiday 88, 1985 I believe Olds starfire. A little thing 231 V-6 my wife’s car. I think that’s all the Oldsmobiles. I could be off a little on the year models. The 72 my brother built it was bad ass. So was the 82. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Very cool. I am down to one Olds these days but she’s a keeper. IMG_0419.thumb.jpeg.b2a72ff7d2b04396320712192a69eb70.jpegIMG_6028.thumb.jpeg.00caaecf87ce560f9d8d3f3b4d94afdc.jpeg

Slobber!!!!!🤤 NIIICE!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

1961 super 88 convertible, 1966 olds 442, 1972 cutlass 455 transplant, B&M shifter, 1982 cutlass 400, 700R4, 373, 1980 holiday 88, 1985 I believe Olds starfire. A little thing 231 V-6 my wife’s car. I think that’s all the Oldsmobiles. I could be off a little on the year models. The 72 my brother built it was bad ass. So was the 82. 

Awesome fleet there. I did a 455 swap in this 67. (Cutlass, not a real 442). Cherry California car.
IMG_1064.thumb.jpeg.172f5b5e6f8fbec1d3498295cf893a93.jpeg

I drove like 4 hours to pick the motor up. Guy said it burned rubber in all 4 gears in his Trans Am and ran great. Put it in and discovered just about every rod bearing spun. lol. I was so disgusted and annoyed I just sold the car and moved on. Shoulda just left the 330 4 barrel in there! Shoulda kept the car too.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Awesome fleet there. I did a 455 swap in this 67. (Cutlass, not a real 442). Cherry California car.
IMG_1064.thumb.jpeg.172f5b5e6f8fbec1d3498295cf893a93.jpeg

I drove like 4 hours to pick the motor up. Guy said it burned rubber in all 4 gears in his Trans Am and ran great. Put it in and discovered just about every rod bearing spun. lol. I was so disgusted and annoyed I just sold the car and moved on. Shoulda just left the 330 4 barrel in there! Shoulda kept the car too.

My wife often reminds me of some I should have kept when we watch an auction. My motto was so many car so little time. I got to drive so many before they were classic. I was born at the perfect time to experience the cars I’ve driven. Funny I never owned a vette. I covered the rest. Maybe not all in their most extreme form. Some I did. It was a blast.

Edited by KARNUT
  • Like 1

(Lack of) storage space and time keeps my collection fairly small. Thankfully I don’t really have to agonize over getting rid of anything I own now since there’s nothing appealing to buy instead. Pretty much everything new is a boring appliance and I already have a few classics so I’m all set.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

(Lack of) storage space and time keeps my collection fairly small. Thankfully I don’t really have to agonize over getting rid of anything I own now since there’s nothing appealing to buy instead. Pretty much everything new is a boring appliance and I already have a few classics so I’m all set.

Only one left it’s my wife’s. She caught the bug more on the sport performance cars. Her daily is a sports sedan. Her collector car is an Acura Intagra Type R. My last was a el Camino. I’m quite satisfied with the avalanche and messing with hers. 

• Like 1

Prescriptions, we were trying to get one filled and our insurance wouldn't pay for it. We were told $325, got it yesterday for $32. Same pharmacy, same pharmacist. 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

Prescriptions, we were trying to get one filled and our insurance wouldn't pay for it. We were told $325, got it yesterday for $32. Same pharmacy, same pharmacist. 

What was that about? I mean, how did it come to be?

Goodbye Dave :( 

David Granquist has retired from Red Line oil as of March 22, 2024. Dave was my last 'Insider'. Found out when I reached out to him today. I'll miss Dave. 

So why reach out? I had noticed the almost all of Red Lines products were "temporarily out of stock". This gave me a cold shiver, so I bounced off a note to see what the what-what was. 

I got a reply from his replacement, Tyler Pierce assuring me all is well in the Red Line world. The entire blending operation is being moved from California to Tennessee. It was confirmed that Phillips66 is fully committed to the full line and its premise and that soon I will receive the exact same formulations I always have. Oh, happy me. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Very cool. I am down to one Olds these days but she’s a keeper. IMG_0419.thumb.jpeg.b2a72ff7d2b04396320712192a69eb70.jpeg

Flip ya for it :) We can use my quarter :crackup:

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, diyer2 said:

After the wifes numerous phone calls it happened. 

Got a bill yesterday from a ER visit a year ago. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

After the wifes numerous phone calls it happened. 

Got a bill yesterday from a ER visit a year ago. 

What Medicare plans you guys on? There is so much variation inside Medicare it really depends on that. 
My wife ended up out here in a rural medical desert,  on Humana Medicare plus with no deductible or out of pocket for pharmacy costs. Took us two years to get that plan 227 of Humana figured out. 

Edited by customboss

1 hour ago, diyer2 said:

UHC AARP

We looked at that here and Humana smoked them. You may not have access to Humana up there.