Jump to content

The Peckish Synapse


Grumpy Bear

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, customboss said:

AGREED.  Those of us that had ANY pension paid by our employer and it remained to retirement are head over heals better off than the generations of current < 50 YO workers with just 401K or 403B contributory accounts.  THEY DON'T MAKE ENOUGH to retire, they can't. They can't even live on their pay.  However they keep voting for political parties who stole the pensions away from them because of grievance politics and they are the frog that is being boiled to death all while they are lied to about things that chap them.  

 

I will take exception with this comment in that we have never had an administration that tried to dissassemble the constitution and rule of law before 2016.

 

I don't care what party is against that I will vote for them because once we lose the rule of law as imperfect as it is we are no better than any dictatorship.  

 

 

You are just so full of yourself. Every business I’ve owned has thrived during administrations you are against. We add employees who thrive, that adds to the economy. My IRA is fine, my retirement is wonderful. You can’t blame others for your failures. Are you missing the current administration executive orders to eliminate whole industries that fuel our economy? You wouldn’t know socialism if it bit you in the ass. Good God give it a rest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, KARNUT said:

You are just so full of yourself. Every business I’ve owned has thrived during administrations you are against. We add employees who thrive, that adds to the economy. My IRA is fine, my retirement is wonderful. You can’t blame others for your failures. Are you missing the current administration executive orders to eliminate whole industries that fuel our economy? You wouldn’t know socialism if it bit you in the ass. Good God give it a rest.

Oh Stan, .....Man that hurts  🫠  ......have you ever considered anything outside the inside of that dense cranium ?  With all due respect I was answering Grumpy Bear. Shoe finding a good fit I see. 

 

HOW MANY FULLY FUNDED PENSIONS DID YOU PAY TO YOUR EMPLOYEES???  Yeah I know you didn't because its too costly. 

 

Current administration is pumping more hydrocarbons than ANY BEFORE the last 3 years. Fact. 

 

Good GAWD look away if I trigger your snowflake insular focus because you are part of the disinformation social grievance whiny elderly clueless 35% of USA voters that is supporting a 2X convicted rapist and fraudster with what???? ...87 or  88 remaining indictments.  In 234 YEARS OF US history no president or former president has ever had these issues. Yeah its a Q ANON type conspiracy right.   Get some sleep and read outside your comfort zone before you follow the sheep over the mountain of NO return. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by customboss
Christian kindness reflected.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, customboss said:

Oh Stan, .....Man that hurts  🫠  ......have you ever considered anything outside the inside of that dense cranium ?  With all due respect I was answering Grumpy Bear so Fxxx Oxx sensitive old feller. Shoe finding a good fit I see. 

 

HOW MANY FULLY FUNDED PENSIONS DID YOU PAY TO YOUR EMPLOYEES???  Yeah I know you didn't because its too costly. 

 

Current administration is pumping more hydrocarbons than ANY BEFORE the last 3 years. Fact. 

 

Good GAWD look away if I trigger your snowflake insular focus because you are part of the disinformation social grievance whiny elderly clueless 35% of USA voters that is supporting a 2X convicted rapist and fraudster with what???? ...87 or  88 remaining indictments.  In 234 YEARS OF US history no president or former president has ever had these issues. Yeah its a Q ANON type conspiracy right.   Get some sleep and read outside your comfort zone before you follow the sheep over the mountain of NO return. 

 

 

 

 

Fake news. As far as employees. We pay over market and have very little turnover. As far as pensions or 401Ks. I want the money. I make my own investments. IRA plus land investment. Land investments is the reason I could retire early. 

Edited by KARNUT
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Fake news. As far as employees. We pay over market and have very little turnover. As far as pensions or 401Ks. I want the money. I make my own investments. IRA plus land investment. Land investments is the reason I could retire early. 

Dearest Stan, pòg mo thòin....  as my Irish father used to say respectfully in gaelic to folks like you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

I never relied on anyone or thing to finance my retirement. My responsibility.

Not the point. Pensions were the employees money. Collectively “ we “ working folk gave pensions away to the rich who have sucked our money back to themselves. It’s another reason  the younger workers here in US can’t make a living wage. My wife never had to work. Most 40 year olds and younger must have both spouses working. 
I worked for an employer and ran a business most of my working life. I only had to work for employer. 
From 1979 to 2020 US workers lost income and buying power on a macro level. Our generation set up the younger one for that net loss in pensions and earnings. Now that we are on social security it will come home to roost as that earnings is in the richest of us coffers,not more equally spread to citizens who have younger families. 

401Ks are a way to buy off our generation with the mostly risk of stock market by giving  us a small % and lots of taxes at end of life as Grumpy shared. So US earners  got screwed but they kept voting against their own interest. Both major parties did that to us workers because we voted to let them. Or we didn’t vote at all. 

Edited by customboss
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

I never relied on anyone or thing to finance my retirement. My responsibility.

 

It is, yes, but you will rely on "something". Your responsibility is a duty not a method. And every method has risks. Some risks are inherent and foreseeable. Some are our paradigms. Some are just lies. It's a lot to sort out for a twenty something. 

 

Most people who believe their wisdom brought them to a successful result are people that walked the minefield of life we didn't know was, when we are young, and were just lucky enough not to step on one. 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No man is an island. You personally enjoyed living in a country where  you exercised the freedom to work, vote, and live because someone else collectively earned that for you. 
Freedom ain’t free, right? Did you build all the roads you drive on? That attitude is what Grumpy just addressed. No man is an island as much as we might blindly believe it. 
 

4 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

It is the point. Take care of yourself.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

 

It is, yes, but you will rely on "something". Your responsibility is a duty not a method. And every method has risks. Some risks are inherent and foreseeable. Some are our paradigms. Some are just lies. It's a lot to sort out for a twenty something. 

 

Most people who believe their wisdom brought them to a successful result are people that walked the minefield of life we didn't know was, when we are young, and were just lucky enough not to step on one. 

 

 

Amen to that! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

Moving on, not here for this.

It’s evident the self reliant from the blame everyone else crowd. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

    246k
    Total Topics
    2.6m
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    333,451
    Total Members
    8,960
    Most Online
    MRDEE
    Newest Member
    MRDEE
    Joined
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 588 Guests (See full list)




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.