The Peckish Synapse

Grumpy Bear

MC-10161887-9999.pdf

This TSB covers Pepper. And yet she now has over 175K miles on her without an oil consumption issue. Why is that? 

Could it be because I ignored the factory recommended oil maintenance OCI length and oil licensing requirements? 

How does that compare to the inside of mine?

image.thumb.jpeg.a5892e80aa9ca969595c572462de83b5.jpeg

This isn't a brag.

This is a question.

Why follow advice you have documentation leads to failure? 

• Thanks 1

Oil changes, cheap insurance or clean oil is better oil. I believe this is more important today due to the complexity of todays motors.

• Like 1

More important than oil changes which are important,  is keeping clean injectors, fresh plugs, effectively firing coils, fresh clean air filter, and crankcase venting working by design.  I am impressed this engine lasted as long as it did, most likely from a fleet. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 2

So, I was in a horrific auto accident when I was seventeen. Thing I remember most was not remembering anything past the point where I felt in my heart I had but seconds left of this life. I leaned via therapy that the brain will stop recording when it thinks your number is up. Just a part of life forever a blank. 

It's the feeling I have now watching the news. The media. The courts. The insanity.  

• Like 2

In my time progress has given us smarter cars, better oils, phones, computers, aerospace technology and the list goes on. The human race hasn't kept up. 

• Like 3

I’ve seen changes in my 68 years on the planet. There’s been corruption since the beginning of time. There’s been revolution, the civil war and world wars to level the playing field. With our recent history the opportunity to be well informed is profound. Certainly people can tell if what you’re being told makes sense. Ultimately it’s this simple. To you feel safer? Are you better off. Are you proud of what our leaders have done in your name in the last 3 years?  How about that boarder? It’s just that simple. One vote, one person on one day. It’s time to be real. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, diyer2 said:

In my time progress has given us smarter cars, better oils, phones, computers, aerospace technology and the list goes on. The human race hasn't kept up. 

The weakest link is US. 

News! Man bites dog! 

Not news. Dog bites man. 

Also not news. Speculation: Neighbor has a dog, Will it bite the mailman? Was the dog in the yard illegally? 

Also not news. Propaganda: Studies show brown dogs are 300% more likely to eat your baby. Get rid of all brown dogs. 

• Thanks 1

No matter how much I hate rats in my house or how ineffective I found the exterminator to be, I wouldn't replace him with a stick of Dynomite to get rid of them. 😏

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, KARNUT said:

If playing games is shutting it down with Mexicos help and building a barrier. Let the games begin, pal.

You’re not as informed as you pretend. Or maybe you’re are your just being ignorant. So let everyone in. Meanwhile when you fly they just about strip searched you before you board a plane. You probably wouldn’t have a problem driving a truck made in Mexico. But they can’t help stem the flow long enough to make sure we’re not getting potential gangs or worse. No one is being vetted. The got aways are higher during this administration. Than the total during the last administration. According to you that was the wrong way to do it. But everyone is noticing now it’s past the point of being ignored. And yes, pal it was better before. Much better, in all ways with every measure. You just can’t deal, pal. We’re been down this road before. I thought you’d wise up by now. Good night, pal.

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

You’re not as informed as you pretend. Or maybe you’re are your just being ignorant. So let everyone in. Meanwhile when you fly they just about strip searched you before you board a plane. You probably wouldn’t have a problem driving a truck made in Mexico. But they can’t help stem the flow long enough to make sure we’re not getting potential gangs or worse. No one is being vetted. The got aways are higher during this administration. Than the total during the last administration. According to you that was the wrong way to do it. But everyone is noticing now it’s past the point of being ignored. And yes, pal it was better before. Much better, in all ways with every measure. You just can’t deal, pal. We’re been down this road before. I thought you’d wise up by now. Good night, pal.

To whom are you speaking? 

56 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

To whom are you speaking? 

Customboss. Seems some post vanished. That’s okay I’m not going to be sucked in by him anymore.

I have a hard time trusting people. To much lying., deceit, a recent experience trying to sell a snowblower. At 70 why I still do my own work on everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1