The Peckish Synapse

Grumpy Bear

2006 Honda Civic

8/6/2023

239,177 miles. Sold it. We were going to scrap it but like most things I've owned from new, someone wanted it. No one thing would have put it on the pile but the totality of issues needing address finally had me thinking that the money would be better spent on the lower mile units. Although two others are nipping at her heels. Power train is still leak free and uses no oil. Runs like a top. Interior is VERY nice. But a pesky electrical issue compounded by rust and failing clearcoat, brakes and a strut?  Its new owner is giddy. He does his own work and is young enough he finds it fun and not work. Good for him. 

• Like 1

Just saw this on the Eurofins UOA lab report! 

This test is accredited under the laboratory’s ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation issued by the ANSI-ANAB National Accreditation Board.

Well how about those beans? Exact same thing it said on the Dyson reports out of this lab. I have copies of both.

😉

Just a few short months ago I was staked to an anthill and burned in public as a heretic for stating this truth and accused of tossing people under a bus. Argument was made that the lab was not ISO certified when doing any other testing but theirs. The result? It implies Eurofins 'bucket kit' results were inferior. My refusal to accept this lie resulted in accusations of intentional harm to others. Really? Is that the truth? 

:idiot:

The more people I meet the more I love my dog.

image.jpeg.13c03883c6c3ce9fdaed45e17416d61b.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2023 at 11:03 AM, Grumpy Bear said:

Just saw this on the Eurofins UOA lab report! 

This test is accredited under the laboratory’s ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation issued by the ANSI-ANAB National Accreditation Board.

Well how about those beans? Exact same thing it said on the Dyson reports out of this lab. I have copies of both.

😉

Just a few short months ago I was staked to an anthill and burned in public as a heretic for stating this truth and accused of tossing people under a bus. Argument was made that the lab was not ISO certified when doing any other testing but theirs. The result? It implies Eurofins 'bucket kit' results were inferior. My refusal to accept this lie resulted in accusations of intentional harm to others. Really? Is that the truth? 

The more people I meet the more I love my dog.

image.jpeg.13c03883c6c3ce9fdaed45e17416d61b.jpeg

Respectfully once again you are confused, AGAIN. You weren't staked or burned but corrected when you give an internet backhand to those who try to inform you honestly. When you don't grasp that you think you are attacked. Classic internet troll move. 

The Dyson report ( he is retired and no longer offers it) uses different testing protocols than TESTOIL, EUROFINS, Amsoil, Blackstone, Oil Check, Polaris, GASTops inc.,  etc and most other labs that a consumer can source. ( note TESTOIL and EUROFINS in USA are primarily industrial labs and set up their automotive versions mostly that way). Not automotive specific using JOAP basis from DOD then taken to the next level like Dyson's was. 

Nick of Synthetic Advantage has specific and limited rights to the full Dyson test protocals.  His ISO CERTIFIED OIL ANALYSIS is offered by HIM only with a license from Dyson. 

Dyson's brain is shot by dementia but his friends can see BS when its written GB.

Since you live relatively close to FERMI LABS maybe you should go there and learn more about materials testing and post what you learn. Its a national lab and can share things that others can't.

Have a fine day with your endless posting here.  

Edited by customboss
u for y

Breaking News!

Every news report starts with that line even when the news being reported is a week old. Some of these stories are years old. You could almost write your own copy blindfolded and be sort of on point. Like missing a month of some daytime TV soap opera. You didn't miss a thing and know what's going on. 

It all reads the same. Someone did something. Someone says they have proof they didn't. That someone CAN'T deliver the proof. Someone else has proof they did and provides it. The entire world cannot avoid seeing it, it's been news for years. Half the world sees the writing on the wall and denies it's true. Some of the best lawyers in the world are also the best liars. 

Oh, are you thinking I'm talking about poly-ticks? Oh brother. Choose your poison. Choose you platform. Most of today's information isn't there to promote informing of people for the purpose of helping furtherance of informed choice. It's pushing an agenda. If it isn't......that's Breaking News! 

Could be poly-ticks.

Could be the weather.

Could be motor oil. 

😉

Edited by Grumpy Bear

29 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Breaking News!

Every news report starts with that line even when the news being reported is a week old. Some of these stories are years old. You could almost write your own copy blindfolded and be sort of on point. Like missing a month of some daytime TV soap opera. You didn't miss a thing and know what's going on. 

It all reads the same. Someone did something. Someone says they have proof they didn't. That someone CAN'T deliver the proof. Someone else has proof they did and provides it. The entire world cannot avoid seeing it, it's been news for years. Half the world sees the writing on the wall and denies it's true. Some of the best lawyers in the world are also the best liars. 

Oh, are you thinking I'm talking about poly-ticks? Oh brother. Choose your poison. Choose you platform. Most of today's information isn't there to promote informing of people for the purpose of helping furtherance of informed choice. It's pushing an agenda. If it isn't......that's Breaking News! 

Could be poly-ticks.

Could be the weather.

Could be motor oil. 

😉

Yup, everyone has their own truth. Some people say their truth is for our own good. We don’t know better. Usually it’s follow the money. I believe few. Usually experience dictates, I share mine. Do thing cost more now than before? Who’s responsible? That’s easy, no smoke and mirrors. Are electric cars really cheaper to own, easy to use? Good for the environment? All things considered, doesn’t look so. Equal justice? Laughable. Can you run extended with any new engine? Not anymore. Direct injection and cylinder deactivation changes that. I used to run 25K between oil changes on my high mileage driven vehicles, gas and diesel. Now 5K miles max. All my dailies oils look clean up to 5K miles. All have over 120k miles. Prof enough for me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Can you run extended with any new engine? Not anymore. Direct injection and cylinder deactivation changes that. I used to run 25K between oil changes on my high mileage driven vehicles, gas and diesel. Now 5K miles max. All my dailies oils look clean up to 5K miles. All have over 120k miles. Prof enough for me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Evern notice some rashes will not go away. :banghead::crackup:

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Yup, everyone has their own truth.

I've been chewing on this all day. 😱 As unpopular as the idea may be truth is absolute. Opinions vary greatly. Belief is personal. Believe it or don't, pray to it or spit on it.  But truth...... One rock in box is one rock in a box. Opinion and belief will not change that truth. The wish to not know or to refuse to accept the truth does not make it relative to the observer. It makes it irrational. 

:rant:

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I've been chewing on this all day. 😱 As unpopular as the idea may be truth is absolute. Opinions vary greatly. Belief is personal. Believe it or don't, pray to it or spit on it.  But truth...... One rock in box is one rock in a box. Opinion and belief will not change that truth. The wish to not know or to refuse to accept the truth does not make it relative to the observer. It makes it irrational. 

:rant:

I’ve been jaded by several lawsuits I’ve brought and won. Or shall I say lawyers won, we survived. One hinge on whether it was a capital letter or not. Every witness an accident? Most saw something different. Human nature. 

4 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I’ve been jaded by several lawsuits I’ve brought and won. Or shall I say lawyers won, we survived. One hinge on whether it was a capital letter or not. Every witness an accident? Most saw something different. Human nature. 

Oh yea. Witnessed a wreck up close and personal. Think I've even mention it here before. On the 6 O' clock news instead of 17 sober and white I became 40 something, Latino and drunk. The trial was an eyewitness mess. If your Jaded, I don't even know what you would call me. Born 'combat ready'. It's my default setting. I'm like a lamb in an earthquake. I'm bleating a day before the fight starts. :crackup:

People use words as weapons and tools of deceit. I know exactly where you're coming from and sorry that crap happens to anyone. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm Done

With allot of things. No always because I want to be. Sometimes it just gets taken away from you. Sometimes it just passes by you. And yea, sometimes you just age out.

I was a fanboy of Levi 517's and wore them for decades. Not that junk they sell now but the full weight, boot cut, seven loop, brass rivet, zipper up, original wear like iron, deep blue and look good enough for dress but tough enough for work 517's. With a sharp press, naturally.  Well, those days have passed. 

I was also a fan of rational discourse. No alternate 'facts'. Place where everyone knew what the truth was and placed some stock in it. Liars were just that. Liars. Those days have passed. 

I was a huge fan of companies that perfected over decades their wares. Reseach mattered. GM 3800 a great example.

Mrs. Bear now tells me in her workplace, somewhere (work) I haven't visited in 15 years, that research is dead. "Agile Manufacturing" is now the rage. Have an idea. Get it to production as cheap and as quick as possible and out to consumers and wait for it to fail. Patch that fault and wait for the next failure. Don't fix it, just patch it. Resent Colorado/Cannon software generated battery problems sounds about right. Already as big a failure as JIT warehousing.

This isn't wishful thinking or old man pining for the 'good ole days', which BTW stunk just as bad but missing a less hateful, greedy environment. I know my grandfather would have said the same and his as well. We just keep sliding into a self-inflicted destruction.  "Let your kingdom come" a few still pray in a fearful whisper. Not sure what that would look like and against the vastly popular willfulness of hate, greed and corruption. You do watch the news, right? 

Oh, I could drone on for pages and pages but.... I'm done. 

The thought or desire of a company to build a quality product went away quite a while ago. It was replaced with making money. I have some products from years ago that the newer version has less quality. The way it is.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

There’s better products out there. The problems are the customers. They continue to buy the cheapest product. Cheap products don’t last as long. It’s true in most cases.

They buy what's available. True the consumer could not buy it. Then they go without pants. People want V8's. That choice is being taken away. They want reliable. That choice is taken away. They want a WT in some other color than white. That choice is taken away. People didn't stop buying quality 517's. Greed took that choice away. Money has become man's god. People buy the cheapest trash because it's the only thing they can afford and the only choice they are given. 

Graphic View of Wealth Distribution in America « Data Driven Viewpoints

Edited by Grumpy Bear