The Peckish Synapse

Grumpy Bear

3 hours ago, customboss said:

Whatever Brother. 

Well, I haven't heard that one since my oldest girl was 16 and that, over thirty years ago. :rolleyes:

You've stated categorically that ISO certification is 'proof' of a superior result. I've shown that excellence is in the doing of the deed not it is traceability. The function of ISO programs. What you are unable to prove is that your premise is correct. That conduct can be mandated. 

Excellence in people produce excellent results. Not rules. 

Proverbs 22:29 

Have you seen a man skillful at his work?

He will stand before kings;

He will not stand before common men.

Attack the problem, not me. 

14 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Well, I haven't heard that one since my oldest girl was 16 and that, over thirty years ago. :rolleyes:

You've stated categorically that ISO certification is 'proof' of a superior result. I've shown that excellence is in the doing of the deed not it is traceability. The function of ISO programs. What you are unable to prove is that your premise is correct. That conduct can be mandated. 

Excellence in people produce excellent results. Not rules. 

Proverbs 22:29 

Have you seen a man skillful at his work?

He will stand before kings;

He will not stand before common men.

Attack the problem, not me. 

Your Daughter called you "Brother"?  If so you got other issues.  😉

See quote above......NO I DID NOT SAY THAT. 

ISO certification by a third party like Bureau Vertias and others ensures consistent results that match consistent results that meet standards. 

Automation and modern test protocols and equipment takes most of the expertise out of the equation. ITS NOT LIKE WORKING IN A MACHINE SHOP or WELDING both work skills I demonstrated too.  So whats that got to do with high throughput oil analysis labs people here consider using, NOTHING. 

Setting up the automated machines and prepping the samples TO A STANDARD CONSISTENTLY is what that third party checks.

Most high throughput oil analysis labs DO NOT meet those third party confirmed standards. Let alone have updated machines. 

Nicks does with his specific service.  

You are mixing up things like scripture with excellent workmanship and degreed credentialed bias from work you did years ago.  Distractions my friend to make YOUR POV OPINION. 

You preach to the choir and lecture the reader about things that are coupled together that frankly you have nothing to offer except uninformed commentary. You never worked in a high throughput lab, you never got a degree in chemistry or chem engineering or lead any lab from what I can tell because of your need to puff yourself up, probably attacking yoiur fellow workers and even here reflects that hard to deal with personality. 

Your random commentary is fine but not when it harms someone trying to make a good living.  Thats SyntheticAdvantage and Black02Silverado. 

Bully somewhere else and remember with AI of today everything you post here on this PUBLIC WEBSITE will be correlated into these AI bots and will be added to that mix of AI junk.  I am aware of that and careful what I post here for that reason. 

On 3/12/2023 at 12:00 PM, customboss said:

ISO certification by a third party like Bureau Vertias and others ensures consistent results that match consistent results that meet standards. 

It does not. It cannot.

No matter how much regulation and enforcement one lays on a problem, it is a HUMAN that executes the test and the procedures. There are no PERFECT humans. Darn few even give it a try. His skill and more importantly his WILL, is what assures consistent results, excellence.

ISO compliance makes an effort to assure the best tools and processes and procedures are available to someone that MAY care enough and with enough SKILL to get the job done with excellence. In addition to the above bold, ISO is a means to find the errors for the purpose of correcting them and improving the program. It is NOT a guarantee. It is a TOOL.  

Loose the ME and YOU and NICK and his businesses. Don't make this about something or someone it is not and never has been. Something I've made clear several times. ANY damage being done you are you doing in insisting and focusing the light on the thing you say you're protecting instead of the ISSUE at hand? 

This is solely about ISO guaranteeing something can't. And the false idea that something not ISO regulated MUST be inferior. 

Loose the idea that volume is a determining factor. Unless your saying high volume businesses cannot be ISO certified. Are you saying that? 

And loose the idea that a business can be "Partially'' ISO certified. 

The lab doing the work is ENTIRELY certified, or it is not. You can't contract a NON-ISO Certified lab to do ISO Certified analysis. :banghead:

On 3/12/2023 at 12:00 PM, customboss said:

Bully somewhere else and remember with AI of today everything you post here on this PUBLIC WEBSITE will be correlated into these AI bots and will be added to that mix of AI junk.  I am aware of that and careful what I post here for that reason.

Now you're just losing your grip. Providing the facts is hardly being a bully.

However, attempting to cancel me might be.

:dunno:

Reread the very first post of this entire forum thread. I have nothing more here to say on this topic. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, customboss said:

At least I restored the love between Grumpy Bear and KARNUT. You both have a new common target. 😳🫡😂

I worked alongside my brothers for 40 years and father. I’ve been married going on 49 years. I trained rednecks like me to run land clearing equipment. I showed an entire industry a better way to clear land. The biggest lesson I learned it’s better to agree to disagree and move on. Than to change someone’s mind. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Why?

It's a question the majority of humans have lost interest in. It's the part of the "New Math" no longer taught that keeps that high school clerk at the local Mc Donnals from having the ability to count back odd change. Keeps the active student in the dark about ascertaining the intuitive; "What comes next?".  

People are happy to let someone else do the thinking for them UNTIL they don't like the outcome or answer and then, for that fact do not have the skills to answer the WHY? That question that leverages one to the obvious if only you would have been taught the WHY. :nonod:

What do these guy and gals have in common?

Apostles' Peter and John

Charles Dickens

Neil Peart

Eddie Van Halen

Frank Lloyd Wright

Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci

Wilbur Wright

Nikola Tesla

Yuri Kondratyuk

Susan Fowler

Balise Pascal

James Watt

Thomas Edison

Oliver Heaviside

Karl Marx

Richard Feynman

Abraham Lincoln

Harry S. Truman 

Albert Einstein 

Okay besides being famous. 

They are all Autodidacts. Self-taught people. Yuri Kondratyuk is literally a Rocket Scientist. Had ZERO education. Give that some thought the next time someone derides your education. Some of these like Heaviside and Pascal INVENTED the math and explained the physics you use today and is taught in college. Not all of these people had 140 plus IQ's. Some products of circumstances. All driven. A few of these people are polymaths! 

The world is currently obsessed with "canceling" some of these people. da Vinci a current target. Even took a shot a Einstein and Lincoln. They are absolutely dedicated to canceling autodidacts. 

"All you know is what you learned on the Internet" :rolleyes: You mean that place where nearly all of the information taught in college is stored and sold? You have access via classroom, library, internet, scholarly journal and published papers.

What do the educated trot out right after they show you their credentials? That thing they criticize you for. Thier EXPERIENCE. Your four or five decades mean nothing. Thiers are the standard they judge YOU by. :crazy:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

What do these guy and gals have in common?

Apostles' Peter and John

Charles Dickens

Neil Peart

Eddie Van Halen

Frank Lloyd Wright

Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci

Wilbur Wright

Nikola Tesla

Yuri Kondratyuk

Susan Fowler

Balise Pascal

James Watt

Thomas Edison

Oliver Heaviside

Karl Marx

Richard Feynman

Abraham Lincoln

Harry S. Truman 

Albert Einstein 

Okay besides being famous. 

They are all Autodidacts. Self-taught people. Yuri Kondratyuk is literally a Rocket Scientist. Had ZERO education. Give that some thought the next time someone derides your education. Some of these like Heaviside and Pascal INVENTED the math and explained the physics you use today and is taught in college. Not all of these people had 140 plus IQ's. Some products of circumstances. All driven. A few of these people are polymaths! 

The world is currently obsessed with "canceling" some of these people. da Vinci a current target. Even took a shot a Einstein and Lincoln. They are absolutely dedicated to canceling autodidacts. 

"All you know is what you learned on the Internet" :rolleyes: You mean that place where nearly all of the information taught in college is stored and sold? You have access via classroom, library, internet, scholarly journal and published papers.

What do the educated trot out right after they show you their credentials? That thing they criticize you for. Thier EXPERIENCE. Your four or five decades mean nothing. Thiers are the standard they judge YOU by. :crazy:

You are a sensitive person.  Mean well until you can't communicate your ideas. Then you online bully.  I didn't say you can't learn tribology, chemistry, chem engineering, and  mechanical engineering. You aren't there yet. Reality. Took me 43 years to get to my experience level now. If you live to 100  join the USN and then the Army and get to the local Jr College you might catch up!  LOL   I am regressing physically and cognitively so maybe we can cross capability levels. Until then when you post BS I might call you out. When you share good stuff I will pat your head.  If I don't know something I will share that and in a way you can understand and not bully you then you can correct me.  Otherwise I will ignore your bombast and focus on your good science.  Its all good but you wore out your welcome with me.  Maybe you can pray for me to get better and subjucate myself to your personality.  You really need to contact the GOVERNING BODY at JW.ORG and see what they think about your internet GM-Trucks postings.  You flip flop all over the place.  I don't.  I am what I am.  A very tired worn out disabled veteran who tires of this kind of nonsense.  

PS the internet has a lot of bad info out in it so be careful what you learn here. Secondly no one reading this gives a shat about what you and I think. So there's that. Funny how kind you were when I took you to lunch but how critical you are behind that keyboard. Classic.....

Goodbye Louise

15 Years Old

image.jpeg.16ccc873a81a5bfb906735b57f363821.jpeg

She lost her fight with Squamous cell carcinoma after a stellar effort. In humans this is a skin cancer. In cats normally in their mouth which progresses until it chokes off their airway. Her's subcutaneous in her neck. Once removed and for over a year all was well. 

Everything she did was against the odds. She was the neighborhood mouser and loved by everyone with a garage or shed. A mighty huntress. She'd drag home a rabbit larger than herself. Loved her laser toys and was a lap cat on her terms only. She always came home as sundown and feeding time no matter how much the neighbors spoiled her. 

She came to us a willful stray. Her registered owner lives a few houses up the block where her sister Thelma lives. I guess she got tired of fighting for scraps from their two large dogs and a half dozen older cats and found an easier meal and a warmer bed at our house. We were glad to take her in even though she got along with none of the other animals that live here she learned, as did they, to give each other respectful space. An exchange was rare and the few decided around Rex's bowl. He doesn't share and she doesn't back down. We will miss her dearly and loved having her here. The pain really is worth the rewards. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Sad 3