The Peckish Synapse

Grumpy Bear

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

When the news isn't. 

Saw David Muir's news spot tonight. "Origins of Covid-19". Here's the thing. After all the drama it concluded that these findings were made from evidence that was of "Low Confidence". :idiot:

Actually, the news from all major sources is flooded with 'non-news'. :sigh:

I see FOX is also getting raked over the coals for misinformation and supporting outright lies. There's a surprise. 

:dunno:

Ever notice that the companies that don't know you when you have a complaint have no trouble finding you if they think you own them money? Hello GM, are you listening? :crackup:GM Customer Service is a one-way street. They post here but you cannot PM them here. :wtf:

This story is far from over. So the animal this supposedly came from didn’t infect any other animals? Only humans? Fox raked over the coals? By who CNN? If China had conclusive evidence it came from a bat or whatever animal they would have produced evidence. No news we’ll see.

3 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Fox raked over the coals? By who CNN?

Nope. By the owner of FOX. Rupert Murdoch

Rupert Murdoch testified that Fox News hosts ‘endorsed’ stolen election narrative | Rupert Murdoch | The Guardian

Newly released court documents reveal that Rupert Murdoch, the billionaire owner of Fox News, acknowledged under oath that several Fox News hosts endorsed Donald Trump’s lie that the 2020 election was stolen from him.

The mogul made the admission during a deposition in the $1.6bn defamation lawsuit brought against the network by the voting machine company Dominion Voting Systems, which has accused Fox News and its parent company, Fox Corporation, of maligning its reputation. In his deposition, Murdoch said that the hosts Maria Bartiromo, Lou Dobbs, Sean Hannity and Jeanine Pirro “endorsed” the false narrative promoted by Trump.

Even Murdoch himself dismissed Trump’s claims, describing the former president’s obsession with proving the election was stolen as “terrible stuff damaging everybody”.

Murdoch acknowledged in his deposition that he could have ordered the network not to platform Trump lawyers such as Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani on its programs: “I could have. But I didn’t,” he said.

You can read the rest yourself Stan. 

• Thanks 1

If China had conclusive evidence it came from a bat or whatever animal they would have produced evidence.

Had conclusive evidence is the key words here. Where it came from is a really silly question. Horse has left the barn and were matters not. Tell me, if one could be sure and without a doubt as to the source, what does it change? Nothing. That part is POLY-TICKS. It's news. It's sells adds. It has zero impact on the 6.8 million dead. Nor those yet to die. Hashing the where has zero impact on the past, present or future. As I said. When the news isn't. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Rupert Murdoch testified that Fox News hosts ‘endorsed’ stolen election narrative | Rupert Murdoch | The Guardian

Newly released court documents reveal that Rupert Murdoch, the billionaire owner of Fox News, acknowledged under oath that several Fox News hosts endorsed Donald Trump’s lie that the 2020 election was stolen from him.

The mogul made the admission during a deposition in the $1.6bn defamation lawsuit brought against the network by the voting machine company Dominion Voting Systems, which has accused Fox News and its parent company, Fox Corporation, of maligning its reputation. In his deposition, Murdoch said that the hosts Maria Bartiromo, Lou Dobbs, Sean Hannity and Jeanine Pirro “endorsed” the false narrative promoted by Trump.

Even Murdoch himself dismissed Trump’s claims, describing the former president’s obsession with proving the election was stolen as “terrible stuff damaging everybody”.

Murdoch acknowledged in his deposition that he could have ordered the network not to platform Trump lawyers such as Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani on its programs: “I could have. But I didn’t,” he said.

I can’t wait for the outcome of that trial. I always thought that was a stupid trail to follow. The censorship angle on the laptop would have been smarter. If you remember those two made claims and news organizations can report those claims. Much like the Russia fixing the 2016 election claims by the Democrats and reporting on by CNN and others. The malicious claims are hard to prove. I don’t believe Fox will lose that one. In reality the other news organizations wouldn’t want them to lose either. The flood gates would open. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Had conclusive evidence is the key words here. Where it came from is a really silly question. Horse has left the barn and were matters not. Tell me, if one could be sure and without a doubt as to the source, what does it change? Nothing. That part is POLY-TICKS. It's news. It's sells adds. It has zero impact on the 6.8 million dead. Nor those yet to die. Hashing the where has zero impact on the past, present or future. As I said. When the news isn't. 

The scuttlebutt is if they were upfront maybe something could have been done about it. If they had worked together. They still wouldn’t let anyone near the place. It’s about time that the made in china label gets less around here. 

• Confused 1

The scuttlebutt is if they were upfront maybe something could have been done about it.

So, if a canister of Sarin was released knowing who released it would put it back in the canister? 

Knowing who dropped the bomb on Hiroshima stops the bomb from exploding? 

Scuttlebutt? Maybe something? 

4 hours ago, KARNUT said:

If you remember those two made claims and news organizations can report those claims.

Kind of what my opening post was about. When the news isn't. Just because something can be done doesn't mean it's the responsible thing to do. I understand it's 'legal' but it isn't moral and I don't set the standard for morality. 

Zechariah 8:16,17 (KJV) These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates: And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the LORD.

A person that lies to me does not obligate me to lie to them. Perpetuating a lie is the same as telling it. IMHO. Telling a story for the shock effect, ratings or advertising dollars or political ambitions......Well, it just isn't news. Getting away with it? I haven't any use for such behaviors. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

So, if a canister of Sarin was released knowing who released it would put it back in the canister? 

Knowing who dropped the bomb on Hiroshima stops the bomb from exploding? 

Scuttlebutt? Maybe something? 

Kind of what my opening post was about. When the news isn't. Just because something can be done doesn't mean it's the responsible thing to do. I understand it's 'legal' but it isn't moral and I don't set the standard for morality. 

Zechariah 8:16,17 (KJV) These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates: And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the LORD.

A person that lies to me does not obligate me to lie to them. Perpetuating a lie is the same as telling it. IMHO. Telling a story for the shock effect, ratings or advertising dollars or political ambitions......Well, it just isn't news. Getting away with it? I haven't any use for such behaviors. 

If it was released from the lab, it’s likely. The concern would be what else are you doing there and what are your safe guards. I think that covers the morality part too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KARNUT said:

If it was released from the lab, it’s likely. The concern would be what else are you doing there and what are your safe guards. I think that covers the morality part too. 

We are getting sidetracked here: :(

1.) The story was generated by the US Energy Department and from evidence of "Low Confidence" and FEED to the press

2.) NBC News: [quote] 2 days ago, U.S. Energy Department assesses with 'low confidence' Covid may have originated from Chinese lab leak. The intelligence community is still in disagreement about the origins of Covid. [close quote]

There is NO story here!  Speculation is not fact. 

When the news isn't.

Here is the story told plainly:

The intelligence community is still in disagreement about the origins of Covid.

It is the ONLY part of the story that is FACTUAL. But what dull news day that is and it fails to shape a collective unified narrative. This would be just as newsworthy. 

Soylent Green! 

SOYLENT GREEN MAGAZINE AD THE ASCENSION DIET - EATING TO ASCEND

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

We are getting sidetracked here: :(

1.) The story was generated by the US Energy Department and from evidence of "Low Confidence" and FEED to the press

2.) NBC News: [quote] 2 days ago, U.S. Energy Department assesses with 'low confidence' Covid may have originated from Chinese lab leak. The intelligence community is still in disagreement about the origins of Covid. [close quote]

There is NO story here!  Speculation is not fact. 

When the news isn't.

Here is the story told plainly:

The intelligence community is still in disagreement about the origins of Covid.

It is the ONLY part of the story that is FACTUAL. But what dull news day that is and it fails to shape a collective unified narrative. This would be just as newsworthy. 

Soylent Green! 

SOYLENT GREEN MAGAZINE AD THE ASCENSION DIET - EATING TO ASCEND

Well. I was bombarded for 4 years that 17 intelligence agencies said there was Russian collusion in the 2016 election. Adam Schift the head of the intelligence community said he saw undisputed evidence of such. After all the investigations lo and behold it was the Hilary Campaign and back by intelligence agencies. With help from NBC news among others. Then they elected a president with objectively ties to no other than our adversaries for real. So my confidence is very low on those agencies. As the old saying goes if it looks like a duck. The quacking is deafening.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Murdoch testified Fox News hosts endorsed idea that Biden stole election

https://www.reuters.com/legal/dominion-fox-filings-expected-defamation-lawsuit-heads-trial-2023-02-27/

Murdoch testified that FOX is neither " RED OR BLUE BUT  GREEN"  in other words after becoming the defacto real fake news voice of MAGA they did it for the $$$.   This is why conservatism is taking a step back to CIVIL WAR days and the current MAGA GOP isn't a true voice for conservatives in US.  

23 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Well. I was bombarded for 4 years that 17 intelligence agencies said there was Russian collusion in the 2016 election. Adam Schift the head of the intelligence community said he saw undisputed evidence of such. After all the investigations lo and behold it was the Hilary Campaign and back by intelligence agencies. With help from NBC news among others. Then they elected a president with objectively ties to no other than our adversaries for real. So my confidence is very low on those agencies. As the old saying goes if it looks like a duck. The quacking is deafening.

And they were right about Russia.  If your dear leader, lover of LIL Kim was in office Ukraine would be under Putin's total control instead of successfully  fighting back against authoritarianism.  MAGA Trump screwed up Afghantistan by negotiating with Tali's and he greenlighted Putin to go all the way on Ukraine.  Yeah we disagree but this is history.  MAGA so misguided its not even conservative or protective of upstart democracies but self absorbed and ignorant of reality.  I cry every day for a real conservative like Liz Cheney to stand up and give sane conservative Americans a place to vote besides the Dems which are SADLY  the only people standing in the way of a MAGA meltdown of US constitutional order. 

17 hours ago, KARNUT said:

This story is far from over. So the animal this supposedly came from didn’t infect any other animals? Only humans? Fox raked over the coals? By who CNN? If China had conclusive evidence it came from a bat or whatever animal they would have produced evidence. No news we’ll see.

We don't know the source yet and may never know it.  Dr Michael Osterholt from MN said he is agnostic about current reports because most at LOW CONFIDENCE.  Osterholt been spot on most of this mess. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-rejects-u-s-assertion-that-covid-originated-from-lab-leak-fe15df0c

• Thanks 1