The Peckish Synapse

Grumpy Bear

Political bickering and guns have been a constant, but mass shootings have not. Why?

Because this shooting was not a political or gun matter in the slightest. We have a society that values social media notoriety over just about anything. The culture is totally broken. So when this loser goes and kills people, suddenly his failed rap songs are heard. Instead of using them as a political bludgeon, we’d be better for not giving oxygen to these stories. The reward for committing these horrible acts is too high in this world. 

As for the broader spectrum on crime, the fact is, we don’t lock anyone up for anything less than murder. People who sell drugs, steal, and drive recklessly are actually acting totally rationally. They know there is no consequence for their behavior so why wouldn’t they keep doing it??? And the areas in which it’s the worst are all 100% Democrat controlled. Forget a minority rule. There is no minority. Rather than own up to their idiotic soft on crime policies they indoctrinate useful idiots to attack law abiding citizens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shakenfake said:

Don't get me wrong I love this country. I hate politicians. Unfortunately politician power will not change for the better. We need a reset.

Rules for thee but not for me

Fully understand your feelings and thought process. Democracy is HARD. It's not clean, its not burger king and having it YOUR way. Its collective and process bound but the alternative is war and hatred.  

Politicians reflect our collective feelings and thoughts.  Division is a power play by those who lie and divide to get power. Usually the majority would not elect so they divide and conquer the majority.  Our electoral system for president is a way  to get minority losers elected.  Our current Senate rules allow a minority to block anything the majority want.  

Get involved, educated, and active if you want to trust your government again.  The politicians and government in our system are a mirror on us collectively. If we allow the theft of the majority decision-making you will be frustrated as we all are. 

The alternatives are pain and suffering.  Ask any citizens of democratic elected governments  that failed in the world. Don't allow it to happen here. 

2 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Political bickering and guns have been a constant, but mass shootings have not. Why?

Because this shooting was not a political or gun matter in the slightest. We have a society that values social media notoriety over just about anything. The culture is totally broken. So when this loser goes and kills people, suddenly his failed rap songs are heard. Instead of using them as a political bludgeon, we’d be better for not giving oxygen to these stories. The reward for committing these horrible acts is too high in this world. 

As for the broader spectrum on crime, the fact is, we don’t lock anyone up for anything less than murder. People who sell drugs, steal, and drive recklessly are actually acting totally rationally. They know there is no consequence for their behavior so why wouldn’t they keep doing it??? And the areas in which it’s the worst are all 100% Democrat controlled. Forget a minority rule. There is no minority. Rather than own up to their idiotic soft on crime policies they indoctrinate useful idiots to attack law abiding citizens.

I'm not a democrat and I am not a trumper rethug either. I am a conservative lost without leadership..........but GOP is lying and so is far right. 

CALIFORNIA’S REPUBLICAN COUNTIES HAVE WORSE CRIME TRENDS AND HIGHER VIOLENT CRIME RATES THAN DEMOCRATIC COUNTIES

http://www.cjcj.org/uploads/cjcj/documents/californias_republican_counties_have_worse_crime_trends.pdf

Opinion The real story about crime Republicans won’t tell you    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/03/22/crime-murder-rates-republican-cities/

Republican-controlled states have higher murder rates than Democratic ones: study

https://news.yahoo.com/republican-controlled-states-have-higher-murder-rates-than-democratic-ones-study-212137750.html

32 minutes ago, customboss said:

Fully understand your feelings and thought process. Democracy is HARD. It's not clean, its not burger king and having it YOUR way. Its collective and process bound but the alternative is war and hatred.  

Politicians reflect our collective feelings and thoughts.  Division is a power play by those who lie and divide to get power. Usually the majority would not elect so they divide and conquer the majority.  Our electoral system for president is a way  to get minority losers elected.  Our current Senate rules allow a minority to block anything the majority want.  

Get involved, educated, and active if you want to trust your government again.  The politicians and government in our system are a mirror on us collectively. If we allow the theft of the majority decision-making you will be frustrated as we all are. 

The alternatives are pain and suffering.  Ask any citizens of democratic elected governments  that failed in the world. Don't allow it to happen here. 

No, no politicians do NOT reflect our collective feelings and thoughts. Not while we have a two party system. Democracy is hard, there is give and take with sometimes a lot of give and a little take. That I understand. But to sit there and say that politicians work FOR the people while they vote themselves raises and end up as career politicians. 

You are correct that we could change everything. It is just too deeply rooted for it to change.

But that's okay I just put on my blinders :)

enough about politics though

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, customboss said:

Changes are slow and difficult for a reason. Our system recognizes the difference between a majority and a mandate, and prevents temporary political or emotional whims from dictating law.

I've found that people alternate between abolishing the electoral college, and saying it's the fairest system ever...just depends on the result. Same for the filibuster. The party claiming it's a Jim Crow relic used it 327 times just two years ago. Knowing that, I suspect it won't be long before you too are on the opposite side of the fence with these topics. Possibly as soon as next year after dems get the boot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Boyz can you take it to someone else's house?

The comments are about as peckish as it gets. Sadly if our thoughts and the source our synapse can't share here where can we?  There is no light of separation any longer between philosophical sharing your thread purports and our day to day lives its seems.  

42 minutes ago, customboss said:

The comments are about as peckish as it gets. Sadly if our thoughts and the source our synapse can't share here where can we?  There is no light of separation any longer between philosophical sharing your thread purports and our day to day lives its seems.  

Sharing thoughts are fine if’s it’s one and done. It never is with you. It’s why I rarely engage. You remind me of my little brother he’s never wrong, never. Some of your threads are very informative. As long as no one disagrees. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Sharing thoughts are fine if’s it’s one and done. It never is with you. It’s why I rarely engage. You remind me of my little brother he’s never wrong, never. Some of your threads are very informative. As long as no one disagrees. 

I’ve stated from day 1 here if some poster here pumps up the US neo facist right point of view I counter. Period. DEMOCRAT controlled cities aren’t the main hubs of crime. Just answering another falsehood with fact. Just like I do with science. Cheers Stan 

Disclaimer….For combat vets there’s a term called AVOIDANCE. To heal from combat trauma you learn to deal positively with hard facts that hurt. In exchanging our views I am not attacking those that share deceptions. Just calling them out respectfully hopefully. Apologies for harming anyones feelings or beliefs but it’s gonna help this country and web board to deal in facts and truth. 

59 minutes ago, customboss said:

I’ve stated from day 1 here if some poster here pumps up the US neo facist right point of view I counter. Period. DEMOCRAT controlled cities aren’t the main hubs of crime. Just answering another falsehood with fact. Just like I do with science. Cheers Stan 

You cherry pick stats from flawed sources like everyone else. Doesn’t bother me that you do, it’s that you pretend you’re above the fray and have a lock on the truth. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabegleybloom/2022/02/23/crime-in-america-study-reveals-the-10-most-dangerous-cities-its-not-where-you-think/?sh=279c28307710

All 10 = Democrat mayors, Democrat DAs. 

We live this here in Wisconsin. Milwaukee is #11 on that list and near the top on others. Not a Republican in sight for the last 100 years. Criminal “reform” policies are a Democrat phenomenon and everyone knows it’s not working. The first ones to cry about needing more gun laws don’t enforce what we have. Any city. It’s the same story. I have eyeballs. 

3 hours ago, customboss said:

Poly-Ticks is off limits on the gm-trucks.com site.

I don't make the rules and I'd like to stay around awhile longer

😉 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Poly-Ticks is off limits on the gm-trucks.com site.

I don't make the rules and I'd like to stay around awhile longer

😉 

Lecture those that post it first. I only respond to partisan BS posted. 

2 minutes ago, customboss said:

Lecture those that post it first. I only respond to partisan BS posted. 

D'ho!

Your the one who asked the question. Tis the reason YOU were quoted.

My first response was to the BOYZ. Everyone of them. 

I throw a rock into the dog pound. 

The dog it hits is the dog that yelps.

:crackup: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

You cherry pick stats from flawed sources like everyone else. Doesn’t bother me that you do, it’s that you pretend you’re above the fray and have a lock on the truth. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabegleybloom/2022/02/23/crime-in-america-study-reveals-the-10-most-dangerous-cities-its-not-where-you-think/?sh=279c28307710

All 10 = Democrat mayors, Democrat DAs. 

We live this here in Wisconsin. Milwaukee is #11 on that list and near the top on others. Not a Republican in sight for the last 100 years. Criminal “reform” policies are a Democrat phenomenon and everyone knows it’s not working. The first ones to cry about needing more gun laws don’t enforce what we have. Any city. It’s the same story. I have eyeballs. 

Eyeballs, I’ll take this to PM if you choose. Especially if you promise to stop posting political stuff and getting my blowback. Wow ! Milwaukee politics that’s more complex than our current two parties. I especially want to address the economic aspect the Forbes article proves. Not party.  Apologies to Grumpy Bear.