The Peckish Synapse

Grumpy Bear

6 hours ago, KARNUT said:

If it was released from the lab, it’s likely. The concern would be what else are you doing there and what are your safe guards. I think that covers the morality part too. 

Its Chyna man!  Hey CHYNA we want to get into your lab and root around.....hows that gonna work for us/US?  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

So, if a canister of Sarin was released knowing who released it would put it back in the canister? 

Knowing who dropped the bomb on Hiroshima stops the bomb from exploding? 

Scuttlebutt? Maybe something? 

Kind of what my opening post was about. When the news isn't. Just because something can be done doesn't mean it's the responsible thing to do. I understand it's 'legal' but it isn't moral and I don't set the standard for morality. 

Zechariah 8:16,17 (KJV) These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates: And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the LORD.

A person that lies to me does not obligate me to lie to them. Perpetuating a lie is the same as telling it. IMHO. Telling a story for the shock effect, ratings or advertising dollars or political ambitions......Well, it just isn't news. Getting away with it? I haven't any use for such behaviors. 

Exact reason I don't trust organized religion of any sort.........humans. Governing boards of old white guys who are in many cases perpetrators of sin themselves in an orgainized fashion while covering it up.  

• Like 1

Funny the false narrative of the 2020 election BIG LIE is being covered by every known to god and man news outlet but GUESS who isn't?????   NEWS CORP AND FOX NEWS.....  Roger Ailes was a liar and after R Nixon wasn't gonna allow truth to reign in US so we killed the requirement by FCC licensed outlets to report verifiable news ( FAIRNESS DOCTRINE REPEAL)  and allowed the construct of FOX.  FOX being pumped into the common areas of US MILITARY for the past 30 years has had a great effect of making our young military folks into brain dead MAGA believing morons........

Theres where fair and balanced went, out the door with the FAIRNESS DOCTRINE

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

WOW, I go out to my second transmission fluid change and the name calling libs get fired up. I’ll leave you to it. There’s no exchange of ideas just name calling. 

How did it go? This the Avalance? 

3 hours ago, customboss said:

Exact reason I don't trust organized religion of any sort.........humans. Governing boards of old white guys who are in many cases perpetrators of sin themselves in an organized fashion while covering it up.  

Fun Fact. Did you know that in the NWT the word religion is used but four times? All in 2 Kings chapter 17. The word religion used from the viewpoint of King Shalmaneser of Assyria. 

Makes sense given Meriam Websters definition of Religion:

personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices

You don't trust organized religion for good reason! It is as you say. 

This however, is not 'worship'. Worship, a pure worship, is given to God the way HE WISHES and not by a 'personal set' of practices or some "institutional belief". 

Makes a huge difference. Dog (God) wags his tail as he pleases. Tails (men) believe they have the right to wag the dog. I'm not a fan of the type of religion you speak of and the world in general practices, but I am grateful and reverently fearful of God. I take cues from him, not him from me. He's not a butler or a genie. What could I teach him? Does he seek my counsel? 

• “True worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, . . . those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.”—John 4:23, 24.

“Your word is truth.” (John 17:17)

Men have nothing to do with deciding HOW. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear

18 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

How did it go? This the Avalance? 

No odyssey. I’m not afraid to be shown I was mistaken. I figured if they as well as Toyota say extending was peachy they wouldn’t want to take a chance on premature failure. I wrote about it my odyssey thread. The transmission was dancing like it couldn’t decide what gear to be in while slowly accelerating. I did some research and found it was a common problem. Fixed by changing transmission fluid more often. The first change stopped the dancing. The second made it almost not noticeable at slow acceleration. Next week I’ll do one more then every 30K miles. It’s the easiest fluid change I ever did. The engine being cylinder deactivation will get changed at 3K for awhile then maybe up to 5K. I want 250K out of this vehicle. It’s at 127K now. I wouldn’t have even considered it if it hadn’t been for your threads. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KARNUT said:

No odyssey. I’m not afraid to be shown I was mistaken. I figured if they as well as Toyota say extending was peachy they wouldn’t want to take a chance on premature failure. I wrote about it my odyssey thread. The transmission was dancing like it couldn’t decide what gear to be in while slowly accelerating. I did some research and found it was a common problem. Fixed by changing transmission fluid more often. The first change stopped the dancing. The second made it almost not noticeable at slow acceleration. Next week I’ll do one more then every 30K miles. It’s the easiest fluid change I ever did. The engine being cylinder deactivation will get changed at 3K for awhile then maybe up to 5K. I want 250K out of this vehicle. It’s at 127K now. I wouldn’t have even considered it if it hadn’t been for your threads. 

Honda has their own fluid, correct? Is that what you are using? I ask as I know you like other products that have served you well for a lifetime. So curious I guess. 

24 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Honda has their own fluid, correct? Is that what you are using? I ask as I know you like other products that have served you well for a lifetime. So curious I guess. 

I found they (Honda) have three different transmission fluids for the 2016 Odyssey. They actually needed the vin number. So yes their fluid.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, KARNUT said:

A certain year group of Odyseey AT transaxles were defective in the sense the ATF lube could not get to needed bearings.

Honda's repair was to install the same AT and tell people to change fluid more often.  Can't remember the year of your daughters Odyseey but betting its a newer one than those.  2015 and older 6 speeds I think were the issue.  My memory fails.... Honda always seems to desire their ATF be changed more often than one would think in American designs.  They really stress the fluid with gears lots of them.  Changing it often is a great idea.  If shift quality is a good warning I'd use that vs their blanket recommendations.  In the Ridgeline products the 6 and 9 speed had similar issues with better shift quality but the fluid was sheared almost immediately whatever was used. Amsoil ATF was a real improvement. Signature Series the best but shorter uses of regular Amsoil ATF in appropriate vis works wonders.  I like to think of honda transaxles mated to an auto shifter like a 1950 Dodge fluid drive with the 3 speed and torq converter sharing the ATF fluid.  

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, customboss said:

A certain year group of Odyseey AT transaxles were defective in the sense the ATF lube could not get to needed bearings.

Honda's repair was to install the same AT and tell people to change fluid more often.  Can't remember the year of your daughters Odyseey but betting its a newer one than those.  2015 and older 6 speeds I think were the issue.  My memory fails.... Honda always seems to desire their ATF be changed more often than one would think in American designs.  They really stress the fluid with gears lots of them.  Changing it often is a great idea.  If shift quality is a good warning I'd use that vs their blanket recommendations.  In the Ridgeline products the 6 and 9 speed had similar issues with better shift quality but the fluid was sheared almost immediately whatever was used. Amsoil ATF was a real improvement. Signature Series the best but shorter uses of regular Amsoil ATF in appropriate vis works wonders.  I like to think of honda transaxles mated to an auto shifter like a 1950 Dodge fluid drive with the 3 speed and torq converter sharing the ATF fluid.  

It’s a 2016. With 8 qts in two days changed out. Shifting fine now. I’ll do one more next week. Probably one more in May and start a cycle of once a year probably every 15-20K miles. It actually started shifting fine after first 4qts. No debris to speak of on plug. I went with Honda fluid at 14$ a qt because there’s several different fluids for the year model. The recommended change intervals are 90K miles. Total BS. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

It’s a 2016. With 8 qts in two days changed out. Shifting fine now. I’ll do one more next week. Probably one more in May and start a cycle of once a year probably every 15-20K miles. It actually started shifting fine after first 4qts. No debris to speak of on plug. I went with Honda fluid at 14$ a qt because there’s several different fluids for the year model. The recommended change intervals are 90K miles. Total BS. 

I'm with you on this one.  Many moms followed the book and honda guidance and suffered the consequences. I engaged as an analyst for forensic testimony in court cases that ensued.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, customboss said:

I'm with you on this one.  Many moms followed the book and honda guidance and suffered the consequences. I engaged as an analyst for forensic testimony in court cases that ensued.  

It would be interesting to check the extreme service maintenance schedule. That would be their cover. My Hyundai dealer recommended that with the wife’s Genesis. I followed it with the warranty it had, didn’t want excuses. They said the Texas heat was the reason. I laughed and said the car has a thermostat it stays at one temperature. I told them if anything the warmer mornings probably were better for lubrication. The hot afternoons were covered by the thermostat. I got a blank stare but followed the extreme maintenance schedule. In hindsight glad I do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1