The Peckish Synapse

Grumpy Bear

I'll regret this I know. 

Why would you need immunity if you broke no law? 

:idiot:

Doesn't demanding immunity mean you know your guilty? My five-year-old brain struggles to get my head around the two-year-old reasoning I hear people speaking on the evening news. 

• Thanks 1

Just watched a news story where a millennial couple with one child is over 2 grand a month in student loans and has a $3500 a month mortgage and is crying about how it's the fault of the current administration. Insanity. How they don't have the freedom to do as they please when they please. :wtf: She works for a non-profit and he does Tic Tock videos. 

Dumb question. Why is someone else to blame for your crap discission making? 

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Just watched a news story where a millennial couple with one child is over 2 grand a month in student loans and has a $3500 a month mortgage and is crying about how it's the fault of the current administration. Insanity. How they don't have the freedom to do as they please when they please. :wtf: She works for a non-profit and he does Tic Tock videos. 

I have a dumber question…why was that even newsworthy? And why would they want to make their stupidity public? I at least try to maintain some dignity and privacy with my bonehead moves. 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OnTheReel said:

I have a dumber question…why was that even newsworthy? And why would they want to make their stupidity public? I at least try to maintain some dignity and privacy with my bonehead moves. 😂

Point well made. I now feel shame. LOL. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I'll regret this I know. 

Why would you need immunity if you broke no law? 

:idiot:

Doesn't demanding immunity mean you know you’re guilty? My five-year-old brain struggles to get my head around the two-year-old reasoning I hear people speaking on the evening news. 

Some professionals have certain immunity’s so they can do their job. Diplomats for one. Police have certain immunity’s. The president has certain immunity. Prosecutors and lawyers have immunity’s. You can accuse a person and be immune prosecution as long as they can’t prove malice. It happens a lot with criminals. You can be guilty of a crime and granted immunity to get a bigger fish. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

It wasn’t too long ago the current administration promised to eliminate all student loan debt. They realized that wouldn’t be popular. Probably not even legal. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Some professionals have certain immunity’s so they can do their job. Diplomats for one. Police have certain immunity’s. The president has certain immunity. Prosecutors and lawyers have immunity’s. You can accuse a person and be immune prosecution as long as they can’t prove malice. It happens a lot with criminals. You can be guilty of a crime and granted immunity to get a bigger fish. 

The key word in every case is "Certain" and not 'Absolute". When you lobby for absolute immunity, you are no longer for law and order. Can't have it both ways. You know this. 

Fact is, for a Christian its deplorable: 

Isaiah 5:20 KJV “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!”

Even Diplomates get expelled.  Common sense? Yes! Granted, the law perverts' immunity in prosecutions in big fish for little. But as mother used to say, "Two wrongs don't make it right". 

Let me be clear, I have no dog in this fight. I believe human rulership is incapable of perfect rule (Romans 3:23) and in fact doesn't have the skill set to master it nor is it man's place.  (Jeremiah 10:23). It has a purpose and is being allowed. (Romans 13:1-8.) It is not permanent. (Daniel 2:44). You pray for it. (Matt 6:10). As a citizen of that kingdom you are no part of this one. (John 17:16). 

So why would I comment on it at all? God made us in his image and part of that is a sense of justice. Demanding absolution for evil is about as far from just as it gets. (Habakkuk 1:3) 

Then there is this. Consider. A person that will lie for you will lie about you. A married woman/man that will sleep with you will sleep with another when they have you. A person that will slay your enemy will slay you as well. You don't get to pick up one end of a crappy stick. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

The key word in every case is "Certain" and not 'Absolute". When you lobby for absolute immunity, you are no longer for law and order. Can't have it both ways. You know this. 

Fact is, for a Christian its deplorable: 

Isaiah 5:20 KJV “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!”

Even Diplomates get expelled.  Common sense? Yes! Granted, the law perverts' immunity in prosecutions in big fish for little. But as mother used to say, "Two wrongs don't make it right". 

Let me be clear, I have no dog in this fight. I believe human rulership is incapable of perfect rule (Romans 3:23) and in fact doesn't have the skill set to master it nor is it man's place.  (Jeremiah 10:23). It has a purpose and is being allowed. (Romans 13:1-8.) It is not permanent. (Daniel 2:44). You pray for it. (Matt 6:10). As a citizen of that kingdom you are no part of this one. (John 17:16). 

So why would I comment on it at all? God made us in his image and part of that is a sense of justice. Demanding absolution for evil is about as far from just as it gets. (Habakkuk 1:3) 

Then there is this. Consider. A person that will lie for you will lie about you. A married woman/man that will sleep with you will sleep with another when they have you. A person that will slay your enemy will slay you as well. You don't get to pick up one end of a crappy stick. 

Believe me when I say we as a family experienced evil in NJ many years ago. We’ve seen how it works when you go against the grain. You go against the swamp as it’s said. You don’t grease the palms. I know double standards when I see it. Many times we’ve been approached people in power willing to help us advance our business to grow quicker. It took us longer we can sleep at night. We gave up wealth not to be corrupt. Recent history a family with all the children who started from the bottom in the family business. Decided to take the leap to go against the grain to move the country in a better direction. Sacrificing the family name and wealth to do so. All guns aimed in their direction. For awhile mission accomplished. It’s documented and undisputed. With great personal sacrifice. Perfection no of course not. No one is. Now we have a different family who have nothing to sell but influence. Get rich in government services. Who seemed to live an unclean life. The country’s in the toilet. Some people say I don’t research enough. I lived it. Customboss save your finger I will no longer respond to you. 

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I don't understand why people are willing to burn their house down to rid it of rats.

:dunno:

As I don't, I haven't a thing more to say on this subject. 

Go in peace.

I don’t know what that means. In our case we got away from the rats. Watch Soprano's you’ll get the idea.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I don’t know what that means. In our case we got away from the rats. Watch Soprano's you’ll get the idea.

And I'm sorry that I don't have the words to explain it better than I already have. Truly sorry. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You watch them on tape say a thing then deny they said the thing they said. Then tell you your nuts for believing they said the thing you heard and have them on tape say. WT:wtf:  

Pick a war with a Swifty? That's the game plan? image.jpeg.13c03883c6c3ce9fdaed45e17416d61b.jpeg

Wonder what kind of lawyer a BILLIONAIRE singer can afford.

image.png.c09d9cabf79a8f469979af4dc4372f80.png

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Carrot and the Stick

18-year-old with his license a day ago. He is entering a school zone, kids playing in the yard. Sign says 20 mph and he thinks to himself, 20 MPH won't catch a tortoise. And just as he is getting ready to nail it, he sees a Cop in a drive, curses and minds his speed. The reason for the law never enters his mind. 

His carrot is his selfish desire to do as he pleases. It's his RIGHT.  His Stick is the Cop.

30-year-old mother whose child is in another schoolyard enters that zone and thinks about how she loves her child and wishes it no harm nor the grief to or for any other mother. She minds the limit knowing the reasonableness behind the law and abides. 

No carrot, not stick. Just love of her child and appreciation for the law and her fellow human. 

30 miles down the road these two enter a second school zone and no Cop. What does the 18-year-old do? What does the mother do?  

Who benefits when you obey the law? Yes, even ones you don't like or agree with. 😏