No power steering. No fluid leaks

My power steering went. I drove my truck around for awhile like that so when I changed my power steering pump I also changed steering rack and the pressure line.

So now I still have no power steering. The guy I got to put the pulley on new pump put it on and it had a slight wobble.

But anyways. I flushed the system and put new fluid,had the truck jacked up with vehicle running and turned wheels back and forth and noticed almost like a air bubble noise when I turn all the way left.    Which now with wheels on ground power steering dont work.      With vehicle shut off and in the air it makes sane noise.   I'm at a total loss here what to check now 

My power steering went. I drove my truck around for awhile like that so when I changed my power steering pump I also changed steering rack and the pressure line.
So now I still have no power steering. The guy I got to put the pulley on new pump put it on and it had a slight wobble.
But anyways. I flushed the system and put new fluid,had the truck jacked up with vehicle running and turned wheels back and forth and noticed almost like a air bubble noise when I turn all the way left.    Which now with wheels on ground power steering dont work.      With vehicle shut off and in the air it makes sane noise.   I'm at a total loss here what to check now 
When bleeding a power steering rack and pinion I normally use a cone shaped plug device with a line that goes over the power steering fluid reservoir. I putB's vacuum of about 10-15 psi and let it sit for about 20 minutes so it gets all the air out of the power steering and rack system. Check and make sure the power steering belt is on and not loose, the lines are on and securely tightened down. If the pump was ran dry at any point in time it may need replaced.

Without looking at it and seeing systems it's a crap shoot playing internet mechanic generally.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2019 at 9:49 AM, dtnel78 said:

When bleeding a power steering rack and pinion I normally use a cone shaped plug device with a line that goes over the power steering fluid reservoir. I putB's vacuum of about 10-15 psi and let it sit for about 20 minutes so it gets all the air out of the power steering and rack system. Check and make sure the power steering belt is on and not loose, the lines are on and securely tightened down. If the pump was ran dry at any point in time it may need replaced.

Without looking at it and seeing systems it's a crap shoot playing internet mechanic generally.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is a great idea that I think I'll need to try next time I service power steering. Is your vacuum setup anything like the "Air-lift" tool for cooling systems? That's what I use for cooling system work and it works great. It does have a cone-shaped universal adapter as well, which is why I thought of it.

Edited by carkhz316