Rear Tailight LED Bulb Swap

Hey folks,

I see a lot of people have been able to successfully swap the front turn signals.  I did the same thing to my truck.  I have the incandescent rear bulbs and from what little research I have seen, swapping the rear with just bulbs still hyper flash unlike the fronts.  This leads me to believe that the rear will need resistors.  I read a few posts saying that even after resistors there is still hyperflashing.  Has anybody had any luck with swapping out the rear bulbs?

5 minutes ago, grimmysnr said:

Hey folks,

I see a lot of people have been able to successfully swap the front turn signals.  I did the same thing to my truck.  I have the incandescent rear bulbs and from what little research I have seen, swapping the rear with just bulbs still hyper flash unlike the fronts.  This leads me to believe that the rear will need resistors.  I read a few posts saying that even after resistors there is still hyperflashing.  Has anybody had any luck with swapping out the rear bulbs?

I asked the same question a few weeks ago. Since then I’ve tried resistors with no success. I’m currently just dealing with the hyperflash because I tinted the tail lights.  Waiting for a solution. Still don’t understand why my LT2  doesn’t have LEDs but a Custom does!?!?!?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Axxess said:

I asked the same question a few weeks ago. Since then I’ve tried resistors with no success. I’m currently just dealing with the hyperflash because I tinted the tail lights.  Waiting for a solution. Still don’t understand why my LT2  doesn’t have LEDs but a Custom does!?!?!?

Did you try a single resistor per tailiight or per bulb?  I watched a video about swapping bulbs for a 2018 Silverado and they had to use two resistors per side.  Basically one resistor per bulb.  I believe the video was from Headlight Revolution where they said that since each tailight has two bulbs that a resistor was needed for each LED bulb making two per side.

33 minutes ago, grimmysnr said:

Did you try a single resistor per tailiight or per bulb?  I watched a video about swapping bulbs for a 2018 Silverado and they had to use two resistors per side.  Basically one resistor per bulb.  I believe the video was from Headlight Revolution where they said that since each tailight has two bulbs that a resistor was needed for each LED bulb making two per side.

I tried it both ways. I put a resistor on the main feeding both lights, and also tried it on each bulb.  The lights would just not flash at all.