Paint oxidation

My old 92 truck still looks good but getting a little oxidation on my hood. Has full color when wet. I tried a cutting wax didn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. 92 they went thin on paint because of the EPA. Can’t believe factory paint is still there, no flaking.

Think its a Enamel. You could wipe with degreaser solvent to remove waxes, lightly scuff with 600 scotchbrite..spray her with 2 coats of clear.

I’d add fisheye eliminator to the clear “just in case”.

Ain’t much paint on that. You can’t buff it out. Be careful scuffing the body lines prior to clear. Lightly..

Edited by Paintor
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Paintor said:

Wow. 92 they went thin on paint because of the EPA. Can’t believe factory paint is still there, no flaking.

Think its a Enamel. You could wipe with degreaser solvent to remove waxes, lightly scuff with 600 scotchbrite..spray her with 2 coats of clear.

I’d add fisheye eliminator to the clear “just in case”.

Ain’t much paint on that. You can’t buff it out. Be careful scuffing the body lines prior to clear. Lightly..

How did u see a pic? I see nothing....

8 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

39983375b7ea8b80bc65721e3b6faab5.jpgHere you go

That Looks much better than my 93s paint. I did put some color match on mine and some clear. Mine looks good from 20 ft but looks like i did it any closer lol. Wish i had a better pic but this is the 93. 

F65FA0ED-9D7D-44CD-B3CC-2D2B23D6F23A.jpeg

Edited by Racindave

That Looks much better than my 93s paint. I did put some color match on mine and some clear. Mine looks good from 20 ft but looks like i did it any closer lol. Wish i had a better pic but this is the 93. 
F65FA0ED-9D7D-44CD-B3CC-2D2B23D6F23A.thumb.jpeg.bbd7983b2af2f286c2d18ef96c590880.jpeg

My 92 looks real good. I’m not real concerned about it looking perfect, just color match. I’m considering wrap for the hood and top. Perfect looking drives me crazy. I rather invest in drivability and performance.

• Like 1

I had a ‘90 Stepside in a darker blue. 12” lift on 35’s. Hood paint went bad. So I masked off a line about where pin stripes go, and sprayed the top half white. Single stage enamel. Then a Red pinstripe after over the paint line.

Cheaper alternative. Go for the islander ...Hawaiian look. People started copying my paint scheme onto Toyota trucks after they saw it. Interior was much cooler. 

Edited by Paintor
  • Like 1