New check engine codes

Feeling slightly annoyed, but hanging in there. 

Picked up truck from the dealership, check engine  light is on.

7 codes. All repeaters and such, basically “lost connection to brake control module” and “lost connection to transmission control module”.

I kinda just want to drive my truck for a month straight. Oh well, extending that warranty out I suppose.

Edited by Chambo

They all said the same thing. My brother, a mechanic, says nothing to worry about. They probably disconnected the battery and the computers couldn’t talk. Caused the code.

7 hours ago, MrShenkir said:

I'm having the same problem. Failure to communicate with transmission controle module and failure to communicate with brake control module. Is this a known issue? I bought the truck in April. I don't feel like I should be having problems already.

Do these codes reappear after you clear them?

29 minutes ago, Chambo said:

They did find a TSB for the codes. Turns out the ECM did need an update. Cleared my problem there. 

Thanks for taking the time to give us an update. Good to know that GM addressed it and that guys with this problem just need a quick software update.

• Like 1

I’m also hoping it’ll help with my MPG. I’ve beem very unimpressed. Down to 16.3 lifetime at 4500 miles. Lots of highway driving. Crossing my fingers it was a comm problem between ECM amd everything else.

Just put a new 6.2 in my 14 truck and the mileage was significantly lower for the first 6-8k miles.... hang in there it will improve after the break-in.  Just did a Cincy-Charlotte trip and the average was 21.6 

Edited by wacko