5.7 Vortec issues

I have a 1998 k1500 that I just replaced the engine in, and it does not seem to be running right at idle. The engine has new updated spider injection, plugs,wires, distributor, rotor and cap. 

After it warms up the motor will idle funny and if I turn the truck off and let it sit for a few minutes it is hard to crank ( spits and sputters and sometimes cuts off) I have to pay the gas to get it to run. It also has hesitation when taking off from a stop. Running down the rd the truck runs great. 

The truck has long tube headers and true dual with no cats. 

The only codes are a random misfire and knock sensor. 

I have pulled the plastic cover off the intake to look for fuel leaks and have found gas pooled up in the intake and air ports that go to each cylinder, I hooked the fuel lines back up to the spider with the cover off and cycled the key making the pump run but did not see any leaks and fuel pressure holds good for a few minutes. 

I have been going around and around chasing this problem and still no solution. 

What else could be causing the motor he motor to run rich like this? 

Any help is much appreciated 

I don’t think it’s the fuel regulator because I’ve had the upper intake off with the fuel lines connected and cycled the fuel pump a few times to see if I could see it leaking and as far as I can tell it is not, also the fuel pressure holds pretty good around 50 with the key off, I would think if there was a leak it would drop pretty quickly 

Edited by Sam A

• 2 months later...