Notifications from android phone 2014 Silverado

Hello, just recently upgraded to a 2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ. Everything has been working great on it. I do have a question though that hoping someone can help me out in this. I searched multiple forums, and cant seem to find an answer unless I overlooked it. 

When I connect my android note 8 to the truck to bluetooth, if Im on the radio or XM, I can't hear any notifications either through the radio or my phone. Whether it be a text message, facebook message, email, etc, nothing is coming through. The only time the radio will sound a notification is if I am connected to the phone for pandora, youtube, or something of that sorts. It acts as if my phone is silent, when it clearly isnt.

I'v tried looking through settings in the radio, in my bluetooth folder, in my phones bluetooth folder, etc. and I just cant seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Edited by ffemt432
typo in heading

I get notifications just fine on my 2015 but I don't know about 2014's.

Try deleting the phone then pairing it again.  You should see a series of questions asking for access to media, contacts, etc.  Make sure you answer "yes" or "allow" to all of those.

Where in Central PA are you?