2020 TPMS/trailer cameras

On 6/29/2020 at 1:50 PM, jeffkirk66 said:

Glad they worked.  On my first trip after sensors were installed, coming home, not far away, I got a msg on the  drivers center that the Right Rear trailer tire pressure was low. I kept watching the pressure and it went down gradually.  Hoping to make it home, I didn't.  About 3 miles from home, the pressure started dropping fast.  Went to 0 and I found a good place to pull over.  Yes, flat tire, but not against the rim, thanks to tandem axle.  I changed the tire, took it in to be repaired and dealer said it wasn't damaged.  Brand new GoodYear Endurance tire was saved. 

So yes, the tire pressure monitor works.  Had it not been for the warning, I could have ruined the tire and endangered people. 

The only thing I don't like is the small numbers on display.  My eyes ain't that good no mo!

Yeah the numbers are way to small on the display.  I agree!

I was wondering, I have a 2020 3500 GMC denali. My trailer has 6 tires and they are rated for 110 psi. With the GM TPS transmitters, is or has anyone had problems that it wouldn't fit on the rims? Was it able to rectify the TPS by seals or other methods. 

Thanks

Chuck

PAE

On 7/28/2020 at 11:53 AM, Gecko50 said:

I was wondering, I have a 2020 3500 GMC denali. My trailer has 6 tires and they are rated for 110 psi. With the GM TPS transmitters, is or has anyone had problems that it wouldn't fit on the rims? Was it able to rectify the TPS by seals or other methods. 

Thanks

Chuck

PAE

Took one of my trailer tires to Discount Tire. They installed the new TMPS valve into the rim. There is no problem at least on my rim. I took the entire 48 foot trailer with overall length of 75 feet (Yes its a bear in a restricted location). They removed and installed all TMPS stems. I made sure they tested all the TMPS before install on the rims. All was good. Fast forward they tried to program the TMPS for each location a total of 6 tires. It starts on the drivers sided forward working to the rear and swap to the passenger side back to front. The first 2 was quick, the last one was slow but did honk the horn.  When he went to the passenger side he had a hard time syncing that rim. Then his manager came out and came to me saying their sync unit could only do 4 trailer tires! I called a friend and went to their shop and came across the sane problem. Last night I ordered a sync unit and at the same time I also ordered a Rhino signal booster as my 48 foot trailer may cause poor signals. I will update as time goes on. 

On a second note: I did order my camera for my trailer but Chevy Parts says it wont be until early September before it will be back in stock. They told me the camera division from Asia was affected by the virus to produce the cameras and that was the reason for the low supplies. He was suppose to get 250 units and the first goes to dealers and he said he should have left overs to fill all of his back orders including my order.

So lets order a 3rd note: on my 2020 Denali dually, the rear view mirror has a switchable camera for the rear view. For some reason the camera view gives me a head ache. Even when the normal view is selected it messes with my vision? I also note that the rear view mirror is reduced in size from earlier years? I do like the camera view by why the vision headaches? 

Chuck 

Edited by Gecko50

Took one of my trailer tires to Discount Tire. They installed the new TMPS valve into the rim. There is no problem at least on my rim. I took the entire 48 foot trailer with overall length of 75 feet (Yes its a bear in a restricted location). They removed and installed all TMPS stems. I made sure they tested all the TMPS before install on the rims. All was good. Fast forward they tried to program the TMPS for each location a total of 6 tires. It starts on the drivers sided forward working to the rear and swap to the passenger side back to front. The first 2 was quick, the last one was slow but did honk the horn.  When he went to the passenger side he had a hard time syncing that rim. Then his manager came out and came to me saying their sync unit could only do 4 trailer tires! I called a friend and went to their shop and came across the sane problem. Last night I ordered a sync unit and at the same time I also ordered a Rhino signal booster as my 48 foot trailer may cause poor signals. I will update as time goes on. 

On a second note: I did order my camera for my trailer but Chevy Parts says it wont be until early September before it will be back in stock. They told me the camera division from Asia was affected by the virus to produce the cameras and that was the reason for the low supplies. He was suppose to get 250 units and the first goes to dealers and he said he should have left overs to fill all of his back orders including my order.

So lets order a 3rd note: on my 2020 Denali dually, the rear view mirror has a switchable camera for the rear view. For some reason the camera view gives me a head ache. Even when the normal view is selected it messes with my vision? I also note that the rear view mirror is reduced in size from earlier years? I do like the camera view by why the vision headaches? 

Chuck 

My parent’s Cadillacs had the mirrors with the camera view for a few years now. I also found I had problems focusing on the mirror while driving their Escalade / XT5.

After buying my 2020 GMC 2500 and driving around for a couple of weeks the problem went away. My eyes focus on the screen and I don’t get a headache.

I think the problem is that we’ve driven for years with a regular mirror and our eyes are used to focusing on “infinity” because we’re looking at a reflection in the standard mirror. When you look at the camera view of the mirror your eyes are focusing 18 inches away at the monitor.

Give it a few weeks and your brain / eyes will adjust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro