2020 TPMS/trailer cameras

My 2020 Denali HD was built with so many "Packages" that it's hard to figure out where the TPMS sensors were, but 4 were shipped with the truck.  My local tire dealer took the wheels off our Airstream, broke the tires loose, installed the sensors and then activated them using a tool that he had on hand.  The truck now reads the pressure and temperature of all tires on the trailer.  The trailer cameras are another issue.  My truck has two bluetooth receiver receptacles above the 7-pin connector.  Since delivery on November 15th, nobody has been able to identify the cameras or the associated receivers. 

9 minutes ago, David Janowitz said:

My 2020 Denali HD was built with so many "Packages" that it's hard to figure out where the TPMS sensors were, but 4 were shipped with the truck.  My local tire dealer took the wheels off our Airstream, broke the tires loose, installed the sensors and then activated them using a tool that he had on hand.  The truck now reads the pressure and temperature of all tires on the trailer.  The trailer cameras are another issue.  My truck has two bluetooth receiver receptacles above the 7-pin connector.  Since delivery on November 15th, nobody has been able to identify the cameras or the associated receivers. 

Do you mean the coax plugs?

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2020-sierra-2500-invisible-trailer-camera-auxiliary-trailer-camera-models-with-uvi-and-cwm/84876818-p-92306125.html

Any way to "fool" the setup to get the invisible trailer to calibrate?  I have the camera on the back of my travel trailer, all measurements are in specs listed in the document and in the app.  The camera is mounted where the Furion mount is which according to others is too high to calibrate (won't calibrate here),  I have a rear window right in the middle of the back of the trailer so the camera would have to go above or below it which may be out of range in either situation.  
I would do a quick connect and use a suction cup.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, David Janowitz said:

Now that I've looked at them closely, that sounds right.  Now to explain it to the dealer!  Thanks for the link. 

I spent the better part of a morning calling the parts departments of all the dealers in my town, only to be told by each, respectively, that they don't have it in stock and neither does their supply warehouse.

Yesterday, I ordered the camera from ShopChevyParts (same as the link provided earlier in this thread).  Before I ordered, I called them to see if they had it in stock.  At that time, they had 24 units.  The rep I spoke with told me that these cameras are in short supply right now.  GM just changed the part number, and ShopChevyParts bought every unit that was available to them--thus, shutting out any dealer who might want to order any right now.  With the extra 5% discount, the online price is about $135 cheaper than list.  I had to pay shipping ($18) but no sales tax.  

Edited by jaybauman

• 2 weeks later...

Bump

I have a 2020 2500HD AT4 and I'm looking for the part# for the trailer TPMS sensors - can anyone help?  My dealer's response to inquiry did not inspire confidence... 

Also, going thru this thread, I get the impression my truck should have come with these sensors?  

Edited by Sean Pierson

So just curious if anyone has encountered the problem of the two different valve stem sizes on various trailer rims? I read on an aftermarket TPMS setup that those came with two different rubber grommets based on your rim Valve stem hole size. I am wondering if the tire shops can swap out the grommet if need be when mounting TPMS on rims?

• 1 month later...
So just curious if anyone has encountered the problem of the two different valve stem sizes on various trailer rims? I read on an aftermarket TPMS setup that those came with two different rubber grommets based on your rim Valve stem hole size. I am wondering if the tire shops can swap out the grommet if need be when mounting TPMS on rims?

The sensors packaged with the truck came with only one size stem which was not compatible to my trailer rims. The tire installer had all of the adapters and stem sizes and was able to install them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for this thread.  I have a 2020 Silverado 1500 High Country.  I bought 4 TPMS sensors off eBay (part number 84152501) and a TPMS reset tool off Amazon (VXDAS OEC-T5).  I had the sensors installed at my local Les Schwab, and everything works perfectly.  Now if only my back-ordered invisible trailer camera would just get here, I would plug that in too!  I'm telling you, this thread was one-stop shopping for me!

Edited by mookiedog
1500, not 2500/3500

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question on the rear trailer view.   I have a 5th wheel and I pull a boat behind it, I was wondering I could use this camera to help hitch up the boat to the back of the 5th wheel along with using the camera to see what is going on behind the camper while drive down the road with out adjusting the camera angle.

Thanks