2020 TPMS/trailer cameras

So is the max number of sensors it can read is 6 total, or six at one time? I would like to be able to have sensors installed on my horse trailer and utility trailer. That would take 8 sensors, but only use four at one time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/7/2019 at 8:22 PM, Foots058 said:

I had to order the TPS for my trailer and am waiting on them to arrive, I was told today that they may not fit alloy trailer wheels because of the thickness of the wheel. Has anyone installed these or ran across this issue on alloy wheels (tps part # 84338125).聽

I believe the problem I am going to聽have is the size of the hole in my trailer wheels. 聽We have ordered a Vilano fifth wheel made by Van Leigh a division of Tiffin Motor homes. The wheels and tires are supplied by Lionshead. They are aluminum and use a聽larger valve stem. It is .625 diameter and GM only supplies a .453. This is very disappointing as I聽wanted to use the trucks system and retire my TST monitor. Has anyone else ran into this potential problem?

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Gary McGee said:

Does anyone know the part numbers for the sensors. I went to my dealer and they gave me 13516165, but I need/want metal stems. These a rubber.

I used GM part 84152501 for my trailer and they are metal stems.聽 They work great!

Hi folks,

I'm getting a bit confused and frustrated with responses I'm getting from dealership on the TPMS sensors to use in 5th wheel RV.

No one seems to know if the TPMS $50ea, I ordered will actually work on my 2020 3500 High Country.聽 I did not order this truck, as it was on lot and was "led to believe" (my bad I know) that setting up the trailer profile would be able to monitor tire pressures as well.

If I cannot use the GM parts in the wheels to monitor, I want to cancel the order, get my $300.00 back and go with aftermarket.

I ordered PN 84338125 (qty 2) ... still waiting for delivery.

Attached is photo of what is behind the license plate of the truck if anyone knows if this is what is needed for trailer monitoring as well.聽 聽The tpms monitor is working on the four wheels of the truck.

Thoughts appreciated.

2020 Chevrolet K3500-1pdf.pdf

29 minutes ago, Randy_Smith said:

Hi folks,

I'm getting a bit confused and frustrated with responses I'm getting from dealership on the TPMS sensors to use in 5th wheel RV.

No one seems to know if the TPMS $50ea, I ordered will actually work on my 2020 3500 High Country.聽 I did not order this truck, as it was on lot and was "led to believe" (my bad I know) that setting up the trailer profile would be able to monitor tire pressures as well.

If I cannot use the GM parts in the wheels to monitor, I want to cancel the order, get my $300.00 back and go with aftermarket.

I ordered PN 84338125 (qty 2) ... still waiting for delivery.

Attached is photo of what is behind the license plate of the truck if anyone knows if this is what is needed for trailer monitoring as well.聽 聽The tpms monitor is working on the four wheels of the truck.

Thoughts appreciated.

2020 Chevrolet K3500-1pdf.pdf 1.04 MB 路 4 downloads

IMG_5457.jpg.4e6eccbc20fa2e356a50b3a72c6daa97.jpg

On 9/12/2019 at 7:27 AM, MTU Alum said:

It does not have the system.聽 You need the 360 camera (option uvs) for transparent trailer.聽 聽You probably need at least ltz trim.聽聽

#iworkforGM聽

Hi there, I just want to clarity as according to ShopCheyPart:

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2020-silverado-2500-invisible-trailer-camera-auxiliary-trailer-camera-models-with-cwm-pdm-uvn/84580657-p-92305265.html

"The Transparent Trailer View relies on the factory tailgate camera and this camera mounted at the rear of the trailer."聽

So, there are some conflicting information here.聽 Can someone clarify?聽聽

Thank you in advance!

3 hours ago, MTU Alum said:

There are two systems that you can plug trailer cams into:聽 270 deg (UVI) and 360 deg (UVS).聽 Only the 360 deg (UVS) has the ability to do transparent trailer.聽聽

#iworkforGM聽

Thank you for that information and reply.聽 I have the 270 deg UVI version.聽 聽So essentially, I can use the camera behind the trailer as a function (meaning I can use it for what it is) but will not gain the "transparent" feature.聽 Is that correct since I have the connections for the external and internal camera plug ins on the back of the truck?聽 I am fine with that so long as I can see what is behind me.聽 :)

I'll also let ShopChevyPart know this information since what they have posted is incorrect.

Thank you!