2020 TPMS/trailer cameras

5 minutes ago, BB&Chiveon said:

can you edit tire pressure ? i didnt put correct psi and cant seem to find where to change 

thanks - also thanks for camera #- dealer couldn't find part # for 2500 -so glad your # works - he ordered one now.

it appears that the rake is not as severe as previous models on truck when empty

anymore thoughts in truck after first trip? mileage ect...

Not sure if you can edit it or if you'll need to start over. Good question. 

I have close to 4k miles now, 1200 towing. Love the truck still. I get 20-21 mpg on the highway, 15 or so around town and 10 ish towing. 

Havnt had any real issues, minor thngs like a rattle in one of the rear headrest and an intermittent whining noise in driver seat fan. No codes or CELs lime other have reported. 

Transmission was a little jerky at the low end for the first few hundred miles but has smoothed out. 

For anyone using the Trailer TPMS system, is there a way to set high/low limits custom to your trailer tire requirements for pressure and temp?  If so, what happens if it hits that threshold?  IE,  a blowout etc.  Is there an alarm or other alert?

17 minutes ago, es2020HD said:

For anyone using the Trailer TPMS system, is there a way to set high/low limits custom to your trailer tire requirements for pressure and temp?  If so, what happens if it hits that threshold?  IE,  a blowout etc.  Is there an alarm or other alert?

Don’t think you can set limits other than what the recommended pressure for the tires should be.  I had a trailer tire low last week and received an alert in my doc which was pretty cool! 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, es2020HD said:

Excellent!  Thank you.  That would be useful!

Now, does anyone know if the low threshold is adjustable?   IE, can you change the threshold?

It did not ask for that durning set up. Have to check the book and see if its in there.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, es2020HD said:

Excellent!  Thank you.  That would be useful!

Now, does anyone know if the low threshold is adjustable?   IE, can you change the threshold?

what did you put in tire pressure at? just curious if went off 5 or 10 lbs under # put in . thanks

22 minutes ago, Chevyguy85 said:

Anyone know what the max PSI they can detect/handle is?  Wondering if they'll do 90 psi.

I believe max is 85 psi.

#iworkforGM 

On 8/3/2019 at 12:07 PM, sdelam said:

Finally made my first tow. 600 miles through mixed terrain, both interstate and city traffic. Overall, I am really impressed. The truck was smooth riding, stopped well, held speed great both up and down plenty of 6 degree inclines.

This is my first diesel so not sure how it compares to others but compared to the 6.0 I was towing with, night and day difference. I felt i had more control and plenty of  pulling power. The 6.0 had me trying to game the hills or be forced to limp up the hill at 40 at 3500+ rpms.

There are a few things i noticed, 1. The invisable trailer thing is neat but it takes a calibration period to set up. It says drive a straight line for up to 60ft below 30 mph. Not sure if its camera placement or what but it took nearly a mile to calibrate. I did keep the cal next time i fired it up but lost it during a fuel stop. I could not get it to recal until I hit some traffic. 

2. Found that if I hit a major bump my side mirrors would sag and I would need to readjust them. Happened several times over the 600 miles. 

3. Lastl minor peeve, with a trailer arrached, when you put on a turn signal if changes the infotainment to the side mirror view. Great for changing lanes, pain when sitting at a light trying to use the nav.

20190802_070026.jpg

Another note, if the invisable trailer view can't cal it defaults to the split screen side mirrors/rear view. I think i acutally prefer that view having been stuck with it nearly have half the trip.

If you want a better transparent image, increase the length of your dimension from center of ball to front of trailer.  Measure from center of ball to the side of the trailer if the front of trailer was square not rounded like yours.  This will make the transparent image not the whole width of the screen and stitch in better with surroundings.  Adjusting the dimension will cause the need for recalibration.  

Shadows in the rear camera view can slow down the calibration.  If you see a shadow, you need to drive in opposite direction.

Camera placement and the angle of camera can also lead to calibration difficulties.

#iworkforGM 

8 minutes ago, MTU Alum said:

I believe max is 85 psi.

#iworkforGM 

If you want a better transparent image, increase the length of your dimension from center of ball to front of trailer.  Measure from center of ball to the side of the trailer if the front of trailer was square not rounded like yours.  This will make the transparent image not the whole width of the screen and stitch in better with surroundings.  Adjusting the dimension will cause the need for recalibration.  

Shadows in the rear camera view can slow down the calibration.  If you see a shadow, you need to drive in opposite direction.

Camera placement and the angle of camera can also lead to calibration difficulties.

#iworkforGM 

Any idea if the trailer cameras can be added to a truck not equipped with it? Thanks! 

85 will work I think trailer tires are 90 max so if I set the low pressure to 80 I'll be fine.  Who knows what will change by the time I get a newer pickup capable of using these things anyway.  Also depends on how much 6 of them cost too or I guess an extra 2 since the RPO comes with 4.

13 minutes ago, MTU Alum said:

I believe max is 85 psi.

#iworkforGM 

#iworkforGM 

Good info, Thanks. The trailer calibration thing is a pain right now. I have the camera mounted on the roof of the toy hauler angled down at the max limit per the instructions due to the size on the ramp door. Less of an angle would leave larger blind spot directly behind trailer.  

20190726_064612.jpg

Edited by sdelam