2020 TPMS/trailer cameras

I received a copy of the build sheet today and it does not have the PTT RPO listed. I do have the Denali ultimate package which incuded it on the 1500. 

The dealer sent me a link to the GM 84338125 and confirmed they work with the 2020 silverado hd models so they "should" work with the gmc. Maybe ill order a pair and see if i can sync them up before i have them installed.

Anyone have any idea what “includes 2 trailer camera provisions” means on the Bed view Camera option?

I asked Chevrolet in the build chat function and they said they don’t have information on that yet lol. 

9D6177A1-A67F-4D77-8D2E-8DED8F7E2707.thumb.jpeg.2268aa60394d968000e6e95507d2cb8f.jpeg

55 minutes ago, ChevyTruckHD said:

Anyone have any idea what “includes 2 trailer camera provisions” means on the Bed view Camera option?

I asked Chevrolet in the build chat function and they said they don’t have information on that yet lol. 

On the rear bumper, the spot wear the 4 prong trailer wire would plug in is replaced by 2 coax cable type hook ups. Interesting though that the plug in the bed still has the 4 prong plug. One is for the back of the camper, the other is for inside the camper. The dealer could not tell me how, when or where to find cameras for the trailer or whether or not they had to be hard wired or if wireless could also be sync'd.

20190712_215250.jpg

Edited by sdelam

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:37 PM, sdelam said:

Just bought a 2020 denali 2500 w/ 6.6l duramax. It did not come with trailer TPMS or trailer cameras. The dealer seems confused on how/if they can even get them. Anyone have part numbers?

Denali comes standard with U1D In Vehicle Trailering App:

U1D In-vehicle Trailering App, System, includes checklist, trailer maintenance reminders, trailer security alerts, trailer mileage, tow/haul reminder, trailer electrical diagnostics and Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System module.

PTT would have added the sensors.  Otherwise, the truck is ready for them because of U1D which gets the module.   

Look behind your rear license plate.  There should be a little black box on the right side of the opening.  If that's there, 84338125 is the TPMS trailer kit.  2 sensors per package. 

Typically the sensors are left loose in the truck by the technician at PDI if ordered with PTT.  Where may vary.  Glove box, (upper or lower), under the rear seat storage, center console, center under seat storage with bench seats, etc.        

IMG_5457.jpg

Edited by newdude

Perfect! Thats exactly what I was looking for. Verified mine looks exactly like the one above. Thanks!

Now i just need to figure the trailer cameras.

Edited by sdelam
Spelling

11 hours ago, sdelam said:

On the rear bumper, the spot wear the 4 prong trailer wire would plug in is replaced by 2 coax cable type hook ups. Interesting though that the plug in the bed still has the 4 prong plug. One is for the back of the camper, the other is for inside the camper. The dealer could not tell me how, when or where to find cameras for the trailer or whether or not they had to be hard wired or if wireless could also be sync'd.

20190712_215250.jpg

Thanks for the info. Not getting much help from Chevy or the dealers ive called on this type of stuff. I am surprised this is an option on the LT trim. 

Just realised you asked for inner fender. With the liners, there isnt much inner fender, maybe an inch or two at most. The outside of the tire is flush with the with the edge of the fender.

20190713_140150.jpg

Edited by sdelam

2 hours ago, BB&Chiveon said:

That’s good. Thought may be a little taller though. How comfy are the seats 

2 hours ago, BB&Chiveon said:

That’s good. Thought may be a little taller though. How comfy are the seats 

Im happy with them.