Anyone using Sealight LED's?

So far my truck has been going through a headlight bulb every 6 months. At $50 each they're not cheap. Found out the passenger one is burnt last night and went on Amazon and ordered a set of LED Sealight for $50 with hopes they will last longer.

Question is, anyone here has them that would have comments on those?

https://www.amazon.ca/H11-Headlight-Conversion-Approved-SEALIGHT/dp/B079KB7QX3/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=GMC|48&Model=Sierra 1500|548&Year=2015|2015&ie=UTF8&n=6948389011&newVehicle=1&s=automotive&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive

Good news is the led will last a.little longer then it will also stop working. Your issue is wiring. And you would be smart to order a relay harness and have direct battery voltage and just use the trigger input at the stock headlight harness. You can get this in direct wire pnp.
Even the HID kits that like led run on low amps pull more to start and can't deal well with the fluctuating voltage. Some kits add a inline capacitor to regulate the voltage. But still have issues. Just spend the extra 25 dollars.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 7/15/2019 at 11:03 AM, 1SLOW1500 said:

Good news is the led will last a.little longer then it will also stop working. Your issue is wiring. And you would be smart to order a relay harness and have direct battery voltage and just use the trigger input at the stock headlight harness. You can get this in direct wire pnp.
Even the HID kits that like led run on low amps pull more to start and can't deal well with the fluctuating voltage. Some kits add a inline capacitor to regulate the voltage. But still have issues. Just spend the extra 25 dollars.

Thanks for the feedback. So if I understand, it's the voltage fluctuation that is the problem on those?

It is the voltage or amperage fluctuation on all vehicles. With the relay you have solid voltage from the battery then the old power to the light just triggers the relay so it pulls no real amount of amperage wouldn't even pop a 1 amp fuse. All features will work the same you just have good reliable power now. Every vehicle I have owned or done with HID LED or higher wattage bulbs I have installed a relay harness.
As I said hid and led newer generations have a inline capacitor to reduce flickering and startup. Also said to remove humming.

I have these brands in my wife's car(2015 Equinox, uses H11) and my 2006 TB for over 6/months now. They are nice and bright and they actually have a cut-off line due to how they mimic the placement of the LED with the halogen counterpart and don't scatter. It doesn't light up the sky/trees like you're searching for a UFO, but they are bright. :D But, with our trucks higher up than cars, I'm sure you'll still be shining into them.. I have an LTZ with LED, and sometimes I still back off on cars so I'm not lighting them up inside :) . 

This is just swapping out from a halogen housing. These come with the control driver so you should be fine. Mine doesn't flicker  and is instant on when I start my car, no issues.