2019 2500HD gas mileage...

I love my truck but man does the gas mileage stink....  Mine has the 6.0 with 4.10 gears and I get 11-12 mpg all the time.... I know... I know..  I didn't buy it for the gas mileage... Don't know if I want to get it tuned to help or not....  Ok, rant over!  LOL

11 to 12 all the time, 285 75 18’s for tires. I idle a lot in the summer, central Florida is a unbearable without the ac blasting, construction guy, eat in my truck usually. I get better mileage in the winter, way better....... 12 to 13....... way better. :cool:

Is what it is, big truck with big v8 and towing gears isn't going to net great Mpg. I'm actually happy with mine I average about 12-13 and drive 60-80 miles a day, I had a 2017 Tundra I got rid of for this truck and my mileage was the same and a little less during certain circumstances. So I gained much more truck without a mpg loss. 

Do the tunes really help increase the mpg?

I carry like 1200 pounds of tools, so my truck is always running with a load. This same load is what got me into the 3/4 ton market, put a couple of friends in the truck, and bingo, it's over loaded. I drive 110 miles a day minimum, so I burn through a lot of gas. But being able to throw the 1000 pound 4 wheeler in the bed and drive like normal, with approaching 3 thousand pounds in the bed, I'll live with the crappy fuel milage.

IMG_0263.JPG

• Like 1

Well, I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one....  LOL  Heck, I got 11k on mine already in 5 months and I work from home!!! Some say I kayak bass fish alot.....bahahaah!!  I'm not sure if a tune would help, I got the 120k warranty on mine, so I'd worry about voiding it....

clean truck and yak.jpg

Edited by Swerve-n-protect