2019 AT4 Shifter stuck in park!!!

1 hour ago, John Theophilakos said:

No way to replicate. I have the same issue and got the same response from dealer when I took truck in a month ago. My car is going back to dealership on Tuesday since it started acting up again. In the meantime I called GM directly to have it documented. Maybe you should as well. If enough people are having the same issue GM should really spend more time figuring what is the faulty part and lot number that needs to be replaced. 

Lol...Do a search on the 2005 Corvette column lock issue. Trust me, they dont put too much effort into making things easier for us as consumers if it costs them money.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, John Theophilakos said:

No way to replicate. I have the same issue and got the same response from dealer when I took truck in a month ago. My car is going back to dealership on Tuesday since it started acting up again. In the meantime I called GM directly to have it documented. Maybe you should as well. If enough people are having the same issue GM should really spend more time figuring what is the faulty part and lot number that needs to be replaced. 

Sadly my dealership and GM know the part, I just haven't asked yet. I'm not too savvy in automotive issues. All I've been told is that it is some module tied to the shifter interlock. The part went out to GM warehouses last friday and should be at my truck on Tuesday so I'll still follow up here with news and possible parts and part numbers.

Well it happened again yesterday to my truck, this time my wife was using it and called me with a vehicle full of groceries and it was parked locked.... I drove out there and after about 15 minutes and trying everything it just magically worked!!!!! This is now the 9th time it has done this in the last 2 months, brand new 2020 TB...Now of course it has been fine last evening and this morning..... Guess I get to take it to the dealership and hear how (Well it’s not doing it now BS!!!) GM needs to make the dealerships aware of this problem so the consumer doesn’t have to argue with the dealerships about how it only happens on occasions and you never know when or where..... 

9 hours ago, scotman623 said:

Well it happened again yesterday to my truck, this time my wife was using it and called me with a vehicle full of groceries and it was parked locked.... I drove out there and after about 15 minutes and trying everything it just magically worked!!!!! This is now the 9th time it has done this in the last 2 months, brand new 2020 TB...Now of course it has been fine last evening and this morning..... Guess I get to take it to the dealership and hear how (Well it’s not doing it now BS!!!) GM needs to make the dealerships aware of this problem so the consumer doesn’t have to argue with the dealerships about how it only happens on occasions and you never know when or where..... 

My dealership couldn't replicate the issue and then I got in the driver seat and got it to do it. They took it in for recalls, ran diagnostics and found the issues with a malfunctioning module tied to the shifter interlock.

Get them to take the vehicle in, run diagnostics and find out if its that same module as mine. Hell I'll give you the information to my dealerships service center (just PM me) because I don't know the part or part number. 

My dealership didn't take me seriously at first because they just see me as some 25 year old kid. I told them to handle the recalls on my 2020 AT4 and run diagnostics and software checks to see if they could find the issue. They did according to them and my truck has been at the dealership for almost a month. If your dealership doesn't take your vehicle in and you don't get them to look at the issue you might not be able to Lemon Law the vehicle which is very important to protect yourself as a consumer!

Edited by FknLeon

• 2 weeks later...

2020 Sierra AT4 Less than 100 miles. Had issue twice in one day could not shift out of park. Brought it back to dealer and they never heard of this issue. I showed them previous post (FknLeon). They could not find anything but are going to order a part. Waiting on part.

My 2020 1500 has been in the shop since Jan 27th. part has been back ordered. Now they have orderd the entire  steering column, Its backed ordered too.

Dealer has been good to work with GMC not so much. complete joke. They will not give any date as to when the parts will be available. Only 5,000 miles.

Trying to get them to just repalce the truck or write me a refund check. Should have bought another Toyota.

Edited by SLegan

I have a 2020 High Country less than a week and it has happened three times.  Took it in this morning and the dealer had no clue.  Showed them this thread and specifically FknLeon’s solution above.  Since they couldn’t duplicate they offered to order the part and replace.  Interesting that they told me the part number above is a brand new number and appears to replace the previous part number.  Hopefully this is the fix.

I have a 2020 GMC Sierra Elevation with x31 and 3.0L Duramax. Had this shifter issue a few times now around 4000km. I haven’t spoken to dealer yet. I thought it was because of the cold as it happened on a -20°C day. Let the truck thaw in heated garage over the weekend and had it happen again today at 0°C after it sat idling for a few minuets.

Do you guys that have had the issue know what your build dates are?

Just wondering if there was a bad run of parts or if this is something larger and may be a recall in the future......  

On 2/22/2020 at 4:08 PM, Dnt said:

Just wondering if there was a bad run of parts or if this is something larger and may be a recall in the future......  

The date on my Certificate of origin is 12/04/19. The sad part is the dealers are saying they no nothing about this issue.

I have not had the issue in a week or two. This morning Temp outside was 28 and issue returned. I have appointment in two days for dealer to install new part # 84800776

2/29/20 Part installed yesterday 28 degrees out this morning no issue. So far so good.

Edited by John Ladolcetta
updates

48 minutes ago, Dnt said:

10 minutes ago, John Ladolcetta said:

The date on my Certificate of origin is 12/04/19. The sad part is the dealers are saying they no nothing about this issue.

The date on my door jamb is 12/19. I drove my truck today with no issues. I can hear a click when I press the break before I put in gear. I’ll see if that click is there when I have the issue.