Tuning 6.0 and longevity

20 hours ago, SierraHD17 said:

Good. Its tuned mostly by me as an email tune was just not cutting it.  Like any other 6 liter I have owned in the last decade I run premium and advance the hell out of the timing from stock and what a surprise.... it has way more power lol. I tried playing with cam timing but it wasn't loving it and frankly the e78 ecm in these trucks is a lame duck to deal with.  That said the gains are still there for anyone and even just playing with the shifting makes it feel night and day.  I don't agree with the "leave it stock" statement as they aren't going to live any longer for the average guy and it's way more fun having something that isn't such a sack like the stock settings give you.  It's the same logic that drives complaints their truck is undergeared that I used to commonly read but no one ever rectifies the situation. I did that as well as my truck has 4.56s in it from the stock 3.73s. That also made a massive difference in drivability. 

Oh and for fun if I drive my truck gentle... leveled with 295/60/20s and the 4.56s still returns in the 15 mpg mark lol.  I don't complain about my fuel economy.

your 6.0 didnt have 4.10s in it?

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Paulismydog said:

I did. So far I am underwhelmed. Shifting marginally better but seemed to lose 2mpg. I made a new data log and sent in. Hoping Justin can tweak it for the better. If not I will go back to stock for the mpg gain. 

Well thats not what I expected to hear, keep me updated. I am on the fence about doing this but already get such poor MPG I can have it get any lower. 

6 minutes ago, GTBensley said:

Well thats not what I expected to hear, keep me updated. I am on the fence about doing this but already get such poor MPG I can have it get any lower. 

Will do. I am optimistic he can work things out. But it's a pretty slow turnaround. Frustrating.