Driver power seat not working

Hope someone can help!

I have 2008 GMC Sierra SLT duramax. The issue I’m having is: the driver’s side Seat is not working. I have tried troubleshooting the issue and I have found that when the seat is bolted down it doesn’t work but whenever I take the bolts loose and have the sitting on the carpet not touching any metal the seat works just fine.  I have looked for maybe a wire touching metal but I haven’t found anything.   I thought it might be the module but I’ve decided that’s probably not the problem because the passenger side seat does work. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check next?

Have you solved this issue yet? I recommend starting with the fuse for power to seats if you havent as of yet. With the symptoms your describing, I would suspect a ground wire inside the seat. I would suspect grounded in motor case? Try swapping seats, see if symptoms follow to the passenger side. If it does, then your short is in the seat. I believe you can switch out the electricals in the seat, but dont be surprised if you have to buy a whole new seat.