Converter issue resolved?

BryBoy

Question

3 answers to this question

I recently purchased a 2018 Canyon with 5,900 miles on it. The hard shifting & shuddering in the transmission started almost immediately. When I took it back to the dealer I referenced TSB 18-NA-355. The service included flushing the tranny 3X with a new Mobil 1 fluid & reprogramming the transmission. After about 1K miles, it's still doing fine. The tech told me that the torque converter replacement did nothing to correct the problem.  The dealers are supposed to be performing this service on all models with the 8 speed auto transmission in their inventory. I would ask any dealership to provide records showing that TSB 18-NA-355 had been performed.

I have a 2017 Canyon w/V6 - 8 spd.. The converter was replaced at 11k miles with the new fluid. Just recently, at 16k miles, they changed to another new fluid with no luck. Then they changed the valve body in the trans and it still shutters. I had a 2015 Canyon w/V6 - 6 spd that had the same problems. I was so frustrated that I got rid of it and went for the 2017 8 spd and my frustrations are still there. Why hasn't GM come up with a permanent fix (buy back)?

Edited by Rick D.