Backracks

Hey guys I have a 2019 Silverado LD (2018 body style). I am looking to get a backrack for it. I have been really interested in the magnum back racks. They seem like they are made from good material and have an easy plug and play wire and most importantly look pretty good. Does anyone have one of these or know more about them. Also open to other suggestions for back racks (with lights).

Before you buy, visit a shop that advertises aluminum fabrication.  They will probably specialize in truck bodies,  custom trailers or boats.  You may be surprised to discover that they make racks and will customize to your requirements.  I did this for my '00 Silverado and '09 Sierra. at two different shops.  I was very pleased with the quality and price of both products!

• Like 1

I have the BackRack brand unit on my '17. It fits over my bed cover. They can be kitted out pretty much any way you want & have lots of styles. 
I drill a couple extra 1/2" holes in each mount so I have more tie-down points.

The Magnums look pretty nice as well, though it appears a bit more $$. I like the bed rails with the tie downs in them.

Before you buy, visit a shop that advertises aluminum fabrication.  They will probably specialize in truck bodies,  custom trailers or boats.  You may be surprised to discover that they make racks and will customize to your requirements.  I did this for my '00 Silverado and '09 Sierra. at two different shops.  I was very pleased with the quality and price of both products!
By any chance do you have pics?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The rack on the '00 was very basic but heavily used and still looked like new when picking up my '09.   The rack on the '09 was better looking, imo, and just as functional.  I also purchased aluminum boxes that are custom made and much stronger than the auto store type.  These racks probably look nothing like the product you want but my point is they were exactly what I wanted at the time and could afford.  A fabricator will make to your specifications and can offer ideas you may not have considered! 

1664505063_Truck005(2).thumb.jpg.4d64b5f05fa33884864f14eaef790c66.jpg394791852_Spring2010116(2).thumb.jpg.6622dac569257daa1390691f59df5e7e.jpg

I had some built in the mid 90's out of steel for my work trucks. I am using one made for a 1993 F250 right now on my 2018 Chevy. The dimensions width wise have been relatively unchanged, but now the bedsides are higher so all I needed to do was drill new mount holes 2" lower for my slip tank. They each have been on 2 different trucks and will outlast this one. Back rack brand is decent if you are trying to keep an ATV from breaking your window, but if you use it for other things they are inadequate. Mine serves as a pipe or ladder rack, beacon mount, oversize pilot vehicle sign mount, tie down, and slip tank mounting point. You will get a more useful rack if you build or find a custom one. Check your local salvage yard, I picked up a decent homebuilt there last year.

DeeZee makes a really nice hexagonal aluminum rack that is very affordable and looks great too, black or raw AL.   Dee Zee DZ95050 Aluminum Cab Headache Rack w/Mesh for ...

• Like 1