Gear shift condensation!

Upgraded from an ‘03 to a ‘19 Silverado three weeks ago. I discovered that if the AC is on for more than about 30 minutes the gear shift starts getting condensation on the back side. There’s a vent directly behind it so it’s not just a simple matter of changing angles. And besides, if I have the air on, I’ll  usually want it pointing at ME vs up or down or closed off completely. I’ve never heard of this happening before and even google didn’t find anything similar. My concern is obviously the condensate getting into anything electronic in that gear shift or worse running down inside the steering column and causing issues. Any thought?

I don't think you can avoid it without changing the angle of the air vent.

Hot ass truck, ice cold AC blowing inches away from the shifter arm...condensation. Now I'm wondering if mine does it...probably does.

My truck is in the shop right now but the only thing I remember being on the shifter arm is the +/- (on the front) for manual gear change so no electronics on the back side. 

If it really bothers you maybe use a rag and wipe it down once or twice as it cools down. Maybe use a window shade to help keep the temp down so maybe it won't as bad when it cools.

If nothing else, your truck is under warranty, I would think if there was going to be a problem related to the condensation it would manifest itself prior to the expiration of your warranty.