Installed HUSKY Rear Wheel Well Liners (2019 Trail Boss)

On 9/6/2019 at 2:36 PM, MaverickZ71 said:

Do they just bend and pop in, or do they have screws/bolts/fasteners of some type?

5 screws each hub.  The screws use the slip on clips that they then thread into.  3 on the flat part of the tub, and then 1 each on the front and back.   Looks like they are doing a "Sale" 10% off too.  

Here is the PDF instructions: https://www.huskyliners.com/images/ePIM/original/79061instrdoc.pdf

• 5 months later...

Just got these and installed them. Does anyone else have a little "gap" near the bottom of them where the "mud flaps" are connected? The instructions didn't say anything about connecting them to that area, and mine seem a little long.

3 hours ago, nichos said:

Just got these and installed them. Does anyone else have a little "gap" near the bottom of them where the "mud flaps" are connected? The instructions didn't say anything about connecting them to that area, and mine seem a little long.

Yes.  I thought they were supposed to be that way, it's sorta like it's too long and the mud flap pushes (curves) back just beyond the 2 screws.  That way, you still have access to the 2 screws for the mud flap if you ever need to take that off, without removing the whole wheel liner. 

3 hours ago, nichos said:

here is a pic, i think it's that way to allow access to the 2 screws for the mud flaps already on the truck.   front and back of the wheel well.

mud flap.jpg

Edited by Doolin-Dalton

If you live in the rust belt, consider buying some fluid film cans and their application hose/wand. It's about $30 on Amazon for 3 cans. I hose down the fenders real good under the GM wheel well liners and spray the snot out of the inside and around wheel well with the application hose and nozzle . The salt really accumulates up under the wheel wells where the felt liner rests on the wheel well arches.

I also stick the application hose inside the tube of my trailer hitch and spray the receiver down good a couple times a year to keep the hitch from rusting where the paint gets chipped off from the draw bar.

In the spring I will probably take the gm felt liners out and hose the fenders down good to get all the salt out, then fluid film and reinstall.b3e80be2681d15af28ad95fc16ec25ad.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

On 2/29/2020 at 4:34 PM, Doolin-Dalton said:

here is a pic, i think it's that way to allow access to the 2 screws for the mud flaps already on the truck.   front and back of the wheel well.

mud flap.jpg

Yep, this is exactly how mine fit. I was hoping they would tie in to the to screws facing the tire (the black ones in your picture).

I'll have to keep an eye on the area, I suspect mud and other crap is going to build up there pretty quick.

I can't complain too much, I got them for $88 last week on amazon (looks like they're $109 now).

Yep, this is exactly how mine fit. I was hoping they would tie in to the to screws facing the tire (the black ones in your picture).
I'll have to keep an eye on the area, I suspect mud and other crap is going to build up there pretty quick.

I can't complain too much, I got them for $88 last week on amazon (looks like they're $109 now).
The felt gm ones sit infront of those screws but stuff still collects there. I like that extra space makes it easier to hose out

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 3/1/2020 at 7:11 PM, nichos said:

OK, maybe I will complain :D

In this post here, he bolts them on to the bottom of the fender. I guess I have 2 options, contact husky, or trim mine to fit.

Here's the post, watch the video and skip the the 7:00 mark:

• 2 months later...

Update on this - I've reached out to the company twice since posting this and haven't heard a response. Sad, because I always buy husky floor mats and recommend them to my friends.

I'll be going with weathertech in the future.

• 5 weeks later...

i picked these up as my 2nd mod on my 2020 last year....i had to contact Husky to get replacement hardware as some of the screws/tabs backed out.  Now i check them every so often. I agree that the 2nd one was a little easier than the first. 

Also - I’ve always had Husky liner mats - i think they’re much better than the weather tech...I’ve seen those get misshapen somehow and not sit down in my buddy’s truck.  Made me crazy. 

Here’s my before/after in the link

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iHPZLqyTY4XXkFzUA

Edited by dtholmanmax

So, first 'mod' to my recently purchased 2020 LT Z71.... received the Husky Liners last night... installed them this morning... easy and nice.... now waiting for the bedrug and the tonneau cover to show up!

16 minutes ago, Swofford said:

So, first 'mod' to my recently purchased 2020 LT Z71.... received the Husky Liners last night... installed them this morning... easy and nice.... now waiting for the bedrug and the tonneau cover to show up!

Did you get a proper fit, or are they like the other posters (including myself) on this forum, where there's a gap?

13 minutes ago, nichos said:

Did you get a proper fit, or are they like the other posters (including myself) on this forum, where there's a gap?

if you are talking about the slight gap at the bottom ... I have that... but it fits fine other than that...