AT4 is the GOAT!

Am I wrong for feeling this way?  This is the third new truck I've owned (2008 and 2014 sierra LTZ other two) and I think GM knocked it out of the park.  I can't get over the smoothness of  transmission shift points, camera system, handling and lack of vibration as felt with previous models.  I know other models have same features but they don't look as good as the AT4!!!!!   

• Like 1

Nah... But If you like a big clown face grille and hidious sim card fender wells that so many people say is horrible looking then more power to you lol. Silverado has Sierra beat for looks. It's bad when long time GMC salesman say GMC messed up. Not just my opinion. Another member here purchased a '19 Sierra and said he didn't realize how ugly the truck was til he actually passed one on the road.

Am I wrong for feeling this way?  This is the third new truck I've owned (2008 and 2014 sierra LTZ other two) and I think GM knocked it out of the park.  I can't get over the smoothness of  transmission shift points, camera system, handling and lack of vibration as felt with previous models.  I know other models have same features but they don't look as good as the AT4!!!!!   
I personally think it's the best looking Sierra. If I was getting any other trim level I'd have a Silverado
Nah... But If you like a big clown face grille and hidious sim card fender wells that so many people say is horrible looking then more power to you lol. Silverado has Sierra beat for looks. It's bad when long time GMC salesman say GMC messed up. Not just my opinion. Another member here purchased a '19 Sierra and said he didn't realize how ugly the truck was til he actually passed one on the road.
To each their own. If everyone liked the same thing the world would be a pretty bland place

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, 3000gt said:

44 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

Posts like these kill me. Thats like saying I'm the best looking MFer in the building, change my mind. lol. It's all opinion. I for one think the front ends on the new Silverado's look weak af. And if you think the @ss end on a Silverado looks better than a Sierra, not sure what to tell you. I also think the AT4's looks pretty sharp but I'd much rather have a Denali. I also think it looks goofy that all the AT4's didn't come with color matched wheel wells and mirrors. But hey all of that is my opinion. I have an SLT lol.

The AT4's are supposed to come with matched mirrors. The dealership has to swap the caps once it's delivered and GM pays them to do it. Some dealerships must just pocket the cash cause they're greedy bastards. I agree about the wheel moldings but it's a minor thing...

1 hour ago, BringTheRain403 said:

I personally think it's the best looking Sierra. If I was getting any other trim level I'd have a Silverado To each their own. If everyone liked the same thing the world would be a pretty bland place

I agree, and that's my opinion.  I've always loved the Sierra and came out of a '16 but, after seeing the '19 Sierra I just couldn't bring myself to getting it because of the fender well design and grille and I'm not the only one saying this.  I think the black plastic fender well trim just enhances the ugliness of the design.  So GMC, make up your mind.  Do you want round fenders or rectangular fenders?  But sim card?  I don't know what Matthew Noone was thinking but More people will say the Silverado looks better (as said on other threads here) but hey, that's opinions including myself.  That's the beauty of a forum.  You can post your opinion, likes, and dislikes.  I don't see anything hideous, tacky or cheesy about the Silverado.  The round Silverado fender wells without the black plastic trim looks so much cleaner.  So, do you really like the Sierra fender wells and grille?  If so get you some.   This is what I see when I see a '19 Sierra.  

From member gmc1: I saw a truck the same color and trim as mine coming towards me today and I was like, that is not a good looking truck. The huge frowning grill has always bothered me.

1_Screenshot_2019-07-16-16-40-07-1.png.6ccc28b719a459d5a961e76c3df330fc.png

0_Screenshot_2019-07-16-15-57-10-1.thumb.png.1e05b152eac5d5ff145556e0990814ee.png

3_Screenshot_2019-07-16-16-42-10-1.png.6769ef422a958500f9eac80335824452.png

5d2e49fb2c4a1_2_Screenshot_2019-07-16-15-54-03-12.thumb.png.ed2c5bc26a57979a82bf652292d33fbb.png

I like the front end. The wheel wells aren't my favorite but I think the AT4 is there best looking of the new GM trucks. I love the seats. The ass end looks way better than the Silverado. The bronze "chrome" on the high country is hideous IMO. I think that's the worst looking of all the trucks and trim levels...

58 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

I agree, and that's my opinion.  I've always loved the Sierra and came out of a '16 but, after seeing the '19 Sierra I just couldn't bring myself to getting it because of the fender well design and grille and I'm not the only one saying this.  I think the black plastic fender well trim just enhances the ugliness of the design.  So GMC, make up your mind.  Do you want round fenders or rectangular fenders?  But sim card?  I don't know what Matthew Noone was thinking but More people will say the Silverado looks better (as said on other threads here) but hey, that's opinions including myself.  That's the beauty of a forum.  You can post your opinion, likes, and dislikes.  I don't see anything hideous, tacky or cheesy about the Silverado.  The round Silverado fender wells without the black plastic trim looks so much cleaner.  So, do you really like the Sierra fender wells and grille?  If so get you some.   This is what I see when I see a '19 Sierra.  

From member gmc1: I saw a truck the same color and trim as mine coming towards me today and I was like, that is not a good looking truck. The huge frowning grill has always bothered me.

I fully agree on the black plastic fender flares. I have an SLT and have color matched flares and I forget that even the Denali's come with black flares stock. That is kind of a joke. But the shape of the flares looks fine IMO. You like the front end on the Silverado. You say the GMC looks like its frowning but you like the feminine looking Silverado front end? I always thought Denali's were the best looking trucks but that every other trim of the  Silverado's were better looking trucks until this gen. spacer.png

spacer.png

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-High-Country-exspacer.png

I mean to me it's not even close, but hey beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Chevy's are notoriously the more "affordable" truck even though they are virtually identical in price these days, and have much more of a brand following than GMC and as a wise man once told me, "everyone loves their own brand." To each his own. 

Well I Guess I started a pissing contest and I swear that wasn't my intention. I never bragged about the other trucks I've owned just simply love this generation truck.  However,   I do think the SIM card comment has merit.  Lol

Edited by 3000gt

Not crazy about the bronze tips on the HC grille either but do like the RST and the LTZ models.  I've owned many new Sierras since 1996.  When the '14 Sierra came out I purchased an SLT Z71 and loved it and to me, that was the best looking truck on the road and better looking than the '14 Silverado.

9 minutes ago, 3000gt said:

Well I Guess I started a pissing contest and I swear that wasn't my intention. I never bragged about the other trucks I've owned just simply love this generation truck.  However,   I do think the SIM card comment has merit.  Lol

It's all good bud and all in the fun lol ?

Not crazy about the bronze tips on the HC grille either but do like the RST and the LTZ models.  I've owned many new Sierras since 1996.  When the '14 Sierra came out I purchased an SLT Z71 and loved it and to me, that was the best looking truck on the road and better looking than the '14 Silverado.
How bad did you hate those headlights in the 14? Mine were terrible

11 minutes ago, BringTheRain403 said:

How bad did you hate those headlights in the 14? Mine were terrible

The headlights looked awesome but were horrible...  Upgraded them to 9012 35w HID's and Morimoto projectors.  Best money ever spent..

The sim card look? Yes, I agree they shouldve been done like the 2020; but the front end looking like a clown? Nah... I don't see it. I'm not a fan of the lights on the new Silverado--they look like they tried to copy the new Cherokee--all skinny, and Asian-looking. Paid more for the quality I got, and I'm seriously satisfied with the AT4.