4 vs 6 inch zone lift

Struggling here to decide.  I can’t decide between going with a 6 inch zone and mount 35x12.50s on 18x9s with a zero offset or going with a 4 inch zone with a 34-35 inch tire mounted on 18x9 with slight positive offset..

help a brother out...

Am I going to regret not going with 6?

42 minutes ago, Georgiagator said:

Struggling here to decide.  I can’t decide between going with a 6 inch zone and mount 35x12.50s on 18x9s with a zero offset or going with a 4 inch zone with a 34-35 inch tire mounted on 18x9 with slight positive offset..

help a brother out...

Am I going to regret not going with 6?

Heres a pic of mine with a 6” lift, 35’s.  It’s actually loaded down in the back in this pic so really sits higher then this too normally  .  Me personally I’d go for a 6” lift because the price difference isn’t much and it looks a lot better .  Most lifts are going to require 20” wheels or bigger to clear the knuckles btw.  With a 4” lift it’s a lot of money to not get a lot of lift.

As far as wheel width , a 9” zero offset is going to look tall and skinny on a lifted truck.  That’ll pretty much stick out same width as fender .  A positive offset definitely would look too narrow on a lifted truck unless you run 2” wheel spacers then maybe look ok but those things are hard on your truck  .  I’d go with least a 10” wide wheel .  I’m running 20x12’s -44 offset if your going for the tall and wide .  Looks more aggressive .

BD458645-2B92-40BD-BCAE-EA840ABAFAB4.jpeg

• Like 2

With zone and bds even 17 inch wheels can clear so we are good on that.

Strangely enough their 4 and 6 inch are the same price..

im not big on the super wide tires, you have to lift them too high to clear your turns and can potentially look like a roller skate going down the road.  I like them to hang out 1-2 inches max.. I can’t stand the idea of cutting on a 50k truck and beating yet to death with rocks haha.

hows your mpg and power?

14 minutes ago, Georgiagator said:

With zone and bds even 17 inch wheels can clear so we are good on that.

Strangely enough their 4 and 6 inch are the same price..

im not big on the super wide tires, you have to lift them too high to clear your turns and can potentially look like a roller skate going down the road.  I like them to hang out 1-2 inches max.. I can’t stand the idea of cutting on a 50k truck and beating yet to death with rocks haha.

hows your mpg and power?

For yours if you can clear the 18’s save some money on wheels least and if the price is the same for the 6” it’ll look better but it’s what ever your preference is.  Everyone has their own preferences.  I never noticed any difference with power.  355 hp / 35’s can’t tell any difference vs the stock trail boss Goodyear duratracs.  

I never take it easy on mine so my Gas mileage is terrible .  13 mpg but if you took it easy I’m sure you can get a lot better

A little info for you.  The Zone and the BDS 4” and 6” kits are basically the same except for the front strut spacers and the rear blocks.  You could actually buy the 4” and if you later decided you wanted to go 6” you could simply purchase the 6” front strut spacers And the taller rear blocks.  That would then turn the 4” kit into a 6” kit.  

2 hours ago, tommy1727 said:

A little info for you.  The Zone and the BDS 4” and 6” kits are basically the same except for the front strut spacers and the rear blocks.  You could actually buy the 4” and if you later decided you wanted to go 6” you could simply purchase the 6” front strut spacers And the taller rear blocks.  That would then turn the 4” kit into a 6” kit.  

Thanks so much brother. I was actually planning on emailing them and asking this specific question.

i think I’ll go for the 4 inch with 34s and move up down the road if I want. Again thank you for the info.

have you run bds/zone?

57 minutes ago, Georgiagator said:

Thanks so much brother. I was actually planning on emailing them and asking this specific question.

i think I’ll go for the 4 inch with 34s and move up down the road if I want. Again thank you for the info.

have you run bds/zone?

You’re welcome.  I’m seriously contemplating the same.  I think even at 4” on my GMC, I can use the stock 20” with 35’s.  

From what I’ve been able to tell, the components in the Zone vs BDS are the exact same parts, with the exception of skid plate and rear shocks.    The warranty is a bit different, but the Zone kit is about $450.00 less I believe. 

I actually think the warranties are the same. I think it’s somethjng like 100k miles on both kits and the same “warranty defense” as well. I’ve tried to find proof of someone getting their warranty defenses but I can’t find any proof of that.

yeah I thinking of running 34-35s on some zero offsetts or plasti dipping my stocks and throwing some good deal used treads on them.

when they wear out I’ll know exactly what I want to go with next

• 1 year later...
On 10/1/2019 at 7:27 PM, boneill said:

Heres a pic of mine with a 6” lift, 35’s.  It’s actually loaded down in the back in this pic so really sits higher then this too normally  .  Me personally I’d go for a 6” lift because the price difference isn’t much and it looks a lot better .  Most lifts are going to require 20” wheels or bigger to clear the knuckles btw.  With a 4” lift it’s a lot of money to not get a lot of lift.

As far as wheel width , a 9” zero offset is going to look tall and skinny on a lifted truck.  That’ll pretty much stick out same width as fender .  A positive offset definitely would look too narrow on a lifted truck unless you run 2” wheel spacers then maybe look ok but those things are hard on your truck  .  I’d go with least a 10” wide wheel .  I’m running 20x12’s -44 offset if your going for the tall and wide .  Looks more aggressive .

BD458645-2B92-40BD-BCAE-EA840ABAFAB4.jpeg

Could you do me a favor and measure what your roof height is with this setup?