2018 with 8 speed issues when revving in park

Just put on an exhaust and when I rev it up to hear it, I noticed the truck would jolt.  Did it 3 separate times in a row and each time after I revved it up and it would come back down I would hear a clunk and the truck would move.  Mind you the truck is in Park the entire time

• Like 1

Just put on an exhaust and when I rev it up to hear it, I noticed the truck would jolt.  Did it 3 separate times in a row and each time after I revved it up and it would come back down I would hear a clunk and the truck would move.  Mind you the truck is in Park the entire time

Happened to me too, felt like someone bumped me and no one around. Dealership replaced the fluid. It’s only happened once within the past 5 months. Make sure to document it every time you take it in.

Sent from Above

Yes, the dealership did it for me, complimentary. It’s a newer transmission fluid being used.

Sent from Above

Just a guess but I would say it was the new type fuild they now use for the 8speed. That is what I was asking earlier. I am in no way saying that is the problem or the answer just wanted to see there your trans was in the gm "fix" program.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just a guess but I would say it was the new type fuild they now use for the 8speed. That is what I was asking earlier. I am in no way saying that is the problem or the answer just wanted to see there your trans was in the gm "fix" program.

It did help, but, I’m also thinking of just running Amsoil Transmission Fluid in it if it starts up again and if that doesn’t stop either live with it or jump on a new Raptor, time will tell.

Sent from Above

Under warranty maybe stay with gm and get them to replace trans if issues continue. But if not AMSOIL for sure. Then just keep a eye on temps, easy way to predict wear and damage. Then when time comes pan drop and clean out, filter, and fluids.