Dust or flakes in Gauge Cluster

Have a 2020 Sierra with the 8 inch screen cluster and noticed some dust or flakes stuck to the screen inside the cluster. OCD and it's driving me crazy. Either not sealed properly or stuff got in when the cluster was made. Is it worth taking it in for them to take the the dash all apart just to replace it? It's annoying but worried about things not getting put together well and being worse off.

Know a few have had their cluster replaced for numerous reasons, and some that have done it themselves. Any issues since?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, claw2791 said:

Have a 2020 Sierra with the 8 inch screen cluster and noticed some dust or flakes stuck to the screen inside the cluster. OCD and it's driving me crazy. Either not sealed properly or stuff got in when the cluster was made. Is it worth taking it in for them to take the the dash all apart just to replace it? It's annoying but worried about things not getting put together well and being worse off.

Know a few have had their cluster replaced for numerous reasons, and some that have done it themselves. Any issues since?

Supposedly taking the dash apart to get the cluster out of the new trucks is a lot easier than the previous gen trucks.  Just an FYI.

They will not replace a cluster due to dust. You’d be lucky for them to clean it out... clusters are not airtight, the lens clips on but that’s all.

The dash isn’t that difficult to take apart, it would take you maybe 20 mins to get to the cluster and remove it.

They will not replace a cluster due to dust. You’d be lucky for them to clean it out... clusters are not airtight, the lens clips on but that’s all.

The dash isn’t that difficult to take apart, it would take you maybe 20 mins to get to the cluster and remove it.
Yeah honestly they are more like flakes/pieces of something, but light enough to stick to the screen. Hopefully they will knock lose or something eventually.